Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Is250 Owner Questions

Hi All, hopefully takingdelivery of an 07 IS250 SE Auto with MM this week from a Lexus Main Dealer.

I'm coming from a long line of BMW ownership and have been disappointed of late with their availabilty and choice, which brought me to Lexus. Didn't want any more run of the mill common cars!

Just wanted to know what everyones thoughts are on things to watch for whilst I have my 1 year warranty from Lexus. I have asked and they have assured me the software updates are done as part of the annual service. I asked because a 118D that I had lived in the dealership for constant ECU updates to solve this that and the other. I would also assume they do any recall work pre-sale, I may call and ansk just in case! Common sense is a little rare sometimes. I've had experience of dealers wanting you to take things up after sale so that it goes against warranty rather than their sale profit.

They have said I wheel get my alloys refurbed as they are corroded. Original gent said refurbed, second gent said replaced, then reverted to refurb! I will make sure that they are spot and before accepting anyway.

Also are any of the facelift 08 parts interchangeable for easy mods? I don't want to mod anything that is too technical or that may invalidate my warranty with them unless I hold off until warranty is out.

I'm really excited and hope that I don't regret the change over, and I think if i know that there are bits I can update to kep it fresh I will manage to keep it longer than my normal change cycle.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the club.

The facelift model was released in 09 and had a new front bumper and grill. These can be changed but the parts are not very cheap. The rear lights were also updated. I have seen that someone on here has updated his rear lights but mentioned that although the harness and fixings are the same, some cutting is required for the units to fit. The final exterior difference are the wing mirrors with integrated side indicators . Again these can be added but at great cost and you will also have to remove/change the front wings to get rid of the old side indicators.

The >08 models came with auto locking but this can not be added to pre 08 cars and different front seat rear pockets to improve leg room.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links