Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 450H Cd Track Listings

I have just bought a '59 Reg RX 450h SE-i which I am really pleased with so here goes with the first posting.

One liitle niggle is that I cannot seem to get any CD info (track names and listings etc) when I play CD's. I have tried both new and old CD's which worked well on my previous Volvo XC70 but they do not work on the Lexus. When I connect iTunes via my iPhone4 I can get all the track, artist information etc so is this a quirk of the system or a fault with the unit?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Great car BTW and a nice step forward from the '05 RX 300 I had a few years ago although I am a little disappointed with the mpg which I cannot seem to get above 31.5 mpg despite being careful and driving in ECO mode but I gather this is par for the course with what the manufacturer claims and the real world.

Thanks,

Why do you need trac

I have just bought a '59 Reg RX 450h SE-i which I am really pleased with so here goes with the first posting.

One liitle niggle is that I cannot seem to get any CD info (track names and listings etc) when I play CD's. I have tried both new and old CD's which worked well on my previous Volvo XC70 but they do not work on the Lexus. When I connect iTunes via my iPhone4 I can get all the track, artist information etc so is this a quirk of the system or a fault with the unit?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Why do you need track data when driving?

I am referring to original CD's and I have tried recently purchased and older one's from my collection.

The last few cars I have owned have had CD players that list the name of the CD and identify track names so I am only concerned that I may have a unit that is faulty.

Duncan, I do not really understand your comment as you seem to imply it may be a safety issue in wanting to look at what track is playing on a CD in a vehicle that has the most spectacular and distracting on board computer/navigation/ICE package on the market and is by any standards pretty complicated and comprehensive in what it offers the driver. (Which I do love btw but want to ensure it is functioning properly!).

I do an 80 mile round trip commute that is made up of around 10 miles of small A roads at 40-50mph, a 20 mile run on a motorway/dual carriageway at 70- 80mph and a 10 mile crawl in traffic where I try to switch to Battery only so I suppose expecting much more than 30 - 32 mpg is probably unreasonable. .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links