Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can You Repair Steering Wheel Leather?

As per the title - can it bedone? I see that numerous 430 steering wheels have worn leather on the wheel which to me looks unsightly. So can it be repaired? Or is it a new steering wheel thats in order? And how much would that be??

As per the title - can it bedone? I see that numerous 430 steering wheels have worn leather on the wheel which to me looks unsightly. So can it be repaired? Or is it a new steering wheel thats in order? And how much would that be??

"If it's made by man, it can be repaired by man."

I always chant this mantra when I think I've treminally knackered something :D .

There are kits you can buy from the Furniture Clinic( and other companies) or if you don't trust your own skills there are professional companies out there that will do it. Even if it means putting new leather on it.

i think you have 3 options - cheapest first

1) Buy a second hand from the breakers which is in better nick

2) Get it re-upholestered - i saw edd china from wheeler dealers have it done on TV

OR

maybe consider upgrading to one of these

http://www.jzsinternational.com/servlet/the-1171/1995-1996-1997-LEXUS/Detail

or these

http://www.apsisusa.com/Steering%20Wheels/Lexus/Lexus%20all%20Model%20Application/LS400/LS400%20SW%20Application.htm

HTH

Cheers for the replies guys! Some good thoughts and the main thing is that all is not lost if it is warn. Currently in Mallorca but when I get back there is a 430 only a few miles away from me to go investigate - it's done 140k though ans the leather on the wheel is showing it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links