Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Imbalance Is200

Hi guys.

When I had my MOT last month I had an advisory that there was a slight brake imbalance. This has now got worse. I have all brand new pads and discs all round. It pulls to the right quite significantly at speeds over 50MPH but is hardly noticeable at speeds below this.

Not a sticking calliper, already ruled this out. I've had the sticking calliper twice before so am very familiar with the symptoms of which I have none! so what else causes this imbalance and how do I fix it? Is it something I can do myself or do I need to take it to a garage?

Thanks in advance

Chris

when was the last time you changed the brake fluid?

I've never changed the brake fluid. I've had the car 5 months, it had a full service according to the service book 15 months ago which was only 6000 miles ago. I don't do a lot of mileage and neither did the previous owner. The fluid looks healthy,

Could it be as simple as that?

I also have a brand new front calliper on the right front (the side it's pulling to) I was thinking this calliper might be more effective than the other causing the imbalance?

The MOT guy said he thought it was cos my pads were low but I have all brand new pads now and it's pulling to the right under braking worse!

wait that changes stuff..... If you have changed one of the callipers it could well be that the other calliper is reacting slower ( as it is worn down in time) you could get a refurbish kit and do it yourself or just get another calliper for the other side...

Although I would start with the cheapest option.... meaning fresh brake fluid... it could well be that the old brake fluid has some air bubbles or water in it (as you can't see what the fluid looks like in the lines)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links