Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Sort A Sticky Calliper Out?

alberthaynes

Can someone help me please!

I have a sticking left front brake calliper and I would like to know how/and are these easy to unstick as I don't want to buy a new one just yet if I can unstick it my slef?

I have little knowage of brakes but is there any thing on the web that could give me a step by step guide on how to do this?

Your help would be v great full

Not trying to be funny, but you've just posted this and there was already an active topic below this one on the same subject. It may pay to keep it together in that one to make it easier for future viewers.

yeh there are plenty of topics on this already. just use the search facility. But anyways its a case of buying a seal kit or buying a refurbed caliper and trading your old one in.

Dude I've tried to help you on two other threads. I have a lot of experience with the sticky calliper, twice it's happened to me and it seems to be the most common problem with the IS.

Bottom line is your gonna need a new one. Once it starts to fail, it will eventually need replacing, even if you recondition it.

Not being offensive, just the other topics will give you more info as it is such a common problem. Ive had mine go about 3 times now and just had a refurbed one put on every time. Good Luck whatever you decide to do

Sorry mate you took it completely in the wrong way. I would get it sorted asap otherwise the caliper could warp. I think thats whats happened to mine.

Right, you could either go down the route of buying a caliper repair kit and refurbing it yourself, http://www.biggred.co.uk/ There is also a good tutorial of how to do it on this site.

Also if you need it, a previous post on here, http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=66490

You could buy an already refurbed caliper and trade your old one back in.

Or obviously just buy a new one, but to be honest, I wouldnt bother IMO because chances are it will just do they same thing.

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links