Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

kevso

Hi all,

I am new to this site and am looking for some advise please.

I am looking to buy a gs 450h se l about a 07 to 08 plate, What if any are the main problems with this car, I don't know anything about hybrid cars and if Battery failure is a issue.

Is it worth buying a lexus warranty and would it cover the Battery?

How often do you need to service the 450h and what is the cost of a service?

Is there any one that could tell me the width including mirrors as i can only find the size with out. My garage has a small opening and the size will be a big factor if i buy or not.

Thanks Kevin

Hi Kev, and welcome to the club

The GS 450h is a very nice car I brought a new one in 2008 and have recently sold it and replaced it with the new GS.

The hybrid system and batteries are warranted for 5 years, but as far as I am aware there has not been any major reported problems here in the UK or in the US.

07 / 08 reg did have a recall for valve springs, so just make sure if it was required it has been done.

As for the extended warranty, this is more of a difficult question to answer, some people take extended warranties out on washing machines. Microwaves, freezers, tv’s ect, if they go wrong then they are worth it, if the don’t then you have wasted your money.

I personally have never extended my warranty because I only do around 5k mile a year, so my 08 reg had only 17k miles on it when I sold it.

If your going to buy a o7 reg then it is already going to be 5/6 years old, I believe you can only extend the Lexus warranty for a car up to 7 years old.

It cost £1000 for a years Lexus warranty, so if you want piece of mind then it is worth it, or put the money in your bank and keep your fingers crossed.

You could look at a third party warranty company, Quinton Wilson ( old top gear presenter ) owns a car warranty company that I have been told its very reliable and has the same cover as a Lexus warranty.

I am not 100% sure but I don’t think any warranty will cover the batteries.

The service interval is every 10k miles, this alternates from a minor to a major service.

10k, 30k, 50k minor

20k, 40k, 60k, major

the minor service should be around £250

the major service should be around £400

at 60k you have extra replacement parts, plugs so your probably looking around the £600 mark.

I think the width is 1820mm ( 71”)

Good luck with you purchase, I am sure you wont be disappointed.

Chris

Ps. If it wont fit in the garage, knock through into the kitchen… :hehe:

i think i will keep my £1000 in the bank and hope nothing goes wrong. I have only bought one warranty before and i am glad i did for a rx8 as it needed £2600 work done to it (rotara engine)

will look out for the valve springs and push for a major service included in the price.

thanks for your help chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links