Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Halfords

i know this quite late, halford staff dont know what they are chatting about & its a fact, i had bad experience with them on my last car, & no its not just the 1 store:

my previous car they lost something of mine & accused me of stealing my own stuff! i took my head unit in(bit faulty), took them 3 weeks to give it back to me & just to say they couldnt find out whats wrong with it, they didnt even contact me, i chased them up overwise i would have waited longer & probably STILL be waiting now even though is over 2 yrs ago. they also lost the loom from head unit ALSO accusing me of stealing it so i went elsewhere to buy anther one. obviously they didnt admit it & wernt really bothered about it.

fast foward to today i went to different halford store, bought some number plate bolts as old plates held on by double sided pads, not see any on display so i ask an assistant, he recommend me some bolts & said 'these are most popular type of number plate bolts used on cars today' so ok i bought them, ONLY to find out these bolts are too thin! WRONG! no they are not the most popular ones. my previous cars, mum, dads, sister & friends etc..cars use same size bolts as IS200. i wont even try getting a refund.

there are other stuff like bad advice & b*****ks they given me.

also my dad, sister & LOTS OF PEOPLE i know had bad experience with Halfords previously.

what do you guys think of them?

SO ONLY GO THERE IF YOU CANT FIND WHAT YOU WANT IN OTHER MOTORIST STORES BUT GOT IN Halfords! another thing avoid halford brand, there headlight bulbs dont last & there 'Xenon' label upgrade bulbs is no different to normal bulbs, just high price tag.

cheers

I've generally found them okay. but There are times when you just want to throttle them for being so dammed Stupid. THis phenomenon is sadly not unique to Halfords. I bought a digicam today and Jessops had been helpful before (girl serving) but the guy today was full of it and only had the display model to sell me. when I asked for discount for ex display I was almost laughed at. I promptly went and spent my three figure sum in the other camera shop in MeadowHell. Where they threw in some free extra batteries... I was however having to tell the numpty the spec. if I had not been in a rush I would have gone back to the relly helpful chap in Derby. in fact I might take this back and go there anyway! he was a star. the others. W4nkers!

Loz :zee:

:offtopic:??

I have used Halfords at Hedge End, Southampton and have had my previous cars serviced at Hedge End before they moved nearer to the centre of Southampton. I have found them to be first class and their degree of interest and knowledge in the serviced vehicle leaves the local Toyota/ Lexus dealer standing. I think that with all garages its the people who run them where the success or failure stands.

Hi Brian,

HEading down your way for THursday. Keep an eye out for a well rapid mortah!

Loz :P

actually hoping to get up to oxford for the open road day and back to southhampton to pick up car... ambitious no?

:offtopic: YES!

Hi Loz

I was out on the roads around Southampton and Winchester today, Thursday, and looked for a smoke trail but obviously missed you. I was out working doing my 2 days a week and driving the office car, a new Vauxhall diesel estate, WOW. Made me appreciate driving the Lexus on my way home.

I have always found Halfords to very expensive compared to other dedicated Motor Factors. However they do stock Ferodo brake pads and have a great range of quality tools which you don't seem to find in smaller stores.

As for service, I can't comment. :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links