Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After a bit of help guys

I have a 2006 220d that has recently started developing an idle fault

The problem is only intermittent at the moment

What happens is that sometimes when I have stopped the and the car is idling it gives a judder as if it it going to stall and the rights itself and yesterday it did actually stall itself twice

You can actually see the rev needle jump around a bit when this occurs

Does anybody know what the problem could be

Any help is appreciated as I am in the process of maybe upgrading the car so I need it to be right to be able to sell the car

Thanks

Where would the carbon build up be?

I will certainly give the BG244 a go

Although from reading a carbon build up would also cause power deliver problems which I don't seem to have

I am worrying that it is a problem with compression and valves which would cost an absolute fortune

I have a 3rd part warrenty and the car is booked in for Monday

But there are 2 problems with this

1. It doesn't cover problems related to carbon build up

2. As the car has done over 75000 miles any claim is capped at £2000

So I'm a bit worried that of the problem is covered and is also to do with compression it could end up being a lot more than £2000 to fix as the work will be carried out by lexus if its covered

I'm just trying to determine what the problem could be caused by

It's typical you get a problem just as you are about to sell the damn thing!!!

The BG244 will help clean a lot of the top end of the engine. There may be a bit of carbon around the injectors. For £20 or so it's a good place to start. Ever had the EGR cleaned out? Take her out on a brisk run at full working temperature and stay in third at 60 mph for about 10 mins or so. This will get the all important 5th injector cleaned up and working properly.

How long have you had the car? Regularly serviced? Do you do mostly short runs (5-6 mls) or long journeys (20+ mls)?

Thanks for that

I had the egr cleaned 2 weeks ago whilst being serviced

In 2010 it had the 5th injector done at lexus with the valves and what not (not 100% sure what else was done)

I do about 300-400 miles per week a mixture of short trips and 100+ trips

Owned the car since 2010 and serviced regularly

5th injector was done at 58000 miles I'm now on 95000

Ill purchase the BG244

Any other tips?

One end is at the Battery terminal, the other. from memory was down the side by the wheel arch. Trace the cable down from the Battery. See if you can feel the cable move in a way that suggests its not a bolted down tight fit.

May not be this, but at least you can cross this off the list!!

Sorry, forgot to respond to your mileages. You are doing a good amount of miles regularly, so I would think your 5th injector and DPF would be in good order. A 100+ mile trip should get it all nice and hot. Just what it needs.

The bg244 will do no harm at all. I found it a very good product and also used the ar6200 at 5ml per 50 ltr fill up. It all combined to make my engine sound so much nicer and the mpg was marginally improved.

Well hopefully if there if it is a problem with carbon build up causing the car to judder and stall occasionally at idle hopefully the BG244 will clear it out and maybe cure the problem

Here's hoping

Although I do have a funny feeling that it maybe something to do with the compression and that's gunna cost a packet!!

Although saying that its only done 40k since the engine was rebuilt and 5th injector replaced so I would have thought that would have been in order

Quick update

Had the Battery tested at Toyota who showed me the test results and gave me a print out which showed the Battery as having near enough full charge but poor health and the tester said to replace Battery

Tool Battery to euro car parts where it was purchased who tested it and said it was fine

After a phone call to Toyota about the test they were still adamant there was nothing wrong with the Battery but have agreed to replace it tommarrow

Could this be the cause?

I'm still not convinced it is

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links