Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recorded Cd's In The Mark Levinson System?

Hey guys

So I finally picked up my IS250 SE-L MM yesterday, and I am REALLY happy with it! :)

I just have a small niggle at the moment with the stereo. Now, maybe this is just me, and I have to admit I've not yet read the manuals (something which I am planning to, and indeed looking forward to!). My problem is that I tend to buy my music online (from iTunes) and then burn albums to blank CDs to play in the car. So I've been loading a few of my favourites into the new system, but they won't play!

The strange thing is that the discs are recognised, and even the track names display correctly, and appear to be playing. But there is no volume, and indeed the volume control (either the volume knob or steering wheel controls) have no effect at all.

I am guessing (hoping!) I don't have a fault with the system, but at the same time it doesn't seem like a problem with the blank disks because of the way that the tracks are being recognised. So I was wondering if any of you guys with the ML MM system play recorded CD's, and does anyone know why my volume isn't working? (radio is fine by the way).

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

I'd say that they were burnt at a too higher speed for the system to read the wav files, try re-burning them again at x2 speed to see if that works.

If that works then try x4 and so on till you find the write speed that the system will not read and burn at that last speed to save time.

HTH.

OK - I don't seem to have any actual original CDs with me! (at work). But I have just inserted a DVD, and...more problems.

The DVD is recognised, and it starts playing. But no video! And NO audio either! The screen displays the chapter and track numbers, and the counter is ticking over, but the volume control has no effect!

Does this sound fairly terminal!?

I've burnt loads of my playlists from itunes onto CDr's and they work fine. Not had a single problem. You can burn them as mp3 files if you wish and get gob loads on one CD. Also, just connect your ipod direct (if you have one).

Stupid question I know... but its not burnt onto a CD rw by any chance? They can cause problems.

You could also try going into the 'sound' menu and checking all the levels are OK. Think it was tagged 'sound' apologies if not, only had the car 3 weeks still navigating around myself.

Thanks Norm.

The CDs are CD-R, and also levels look okay. The strange thing is that the volume controls have no effect. They work fine on radio, but on CD literally nothing happens when I alter the volume. I am assuming I should see the volume changing in the corner of the screen, the same as when on radio?

Well - I am back from the dealers. And the upshot is that my car is booked in for two days next week to be looked at! The service manager (head mechanic guy) came out and to be fair he was very helpful. But he admitted that he was at a loss to explain why it wouldn't work and said it definitely wasn't normal!

I am pretty unimpressed that the car was handed over to me with a non-functioning DVD!! The guy admitted that their various pre-sale checks only include checking that the radio works. But of course the DVD should be working too.

Maybe I'll end up with a whole brand new ML system. I guess that would be good.

They better not try and charge me a fee for the courtesy car though!!!

I am pretty unimpressed that the car was handed over to me with a non-functioning DVD!! The guy admitted that their various pre-sale checks only include checking that the radio works. But of course the DVD should be working too.

I guess to be fair... some things get overlooked.

Just goes to prove that its best to play with everything as soon as you get it. Your standard warranty with the purchase will take of it I would think...don't see why not.

Try an ipod and even a USB stick loaded with a few mp3's too. What I'm saying is try every source.

Have a go with the sat nav inputs and try voice commands too. Go nuts!! Try everything!!

I managed to fry my brain in 3 weeks!!!!!!

Courtesy cars are free unless you wreck them. I know it's a bit of a pain but on the bright side you bought your car from a dealer. Could have been worse.

Hope it's sorted next week.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links