Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slight Problem Starting

On three or four occasions since last Thursday I have experienced a slight problem when starting the car. I have spoken to the dealership and they are having the car in on Monday to have a look at it for me.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced a similar problem and if so, what was it that caused the problem and how was it resolved.

The problem that I have is when pressing the starter button, Foot on brake pedal, green light on, OK to press, as soon as i press the button everything lights up on the dash and it tries to fire up but then all goes dead and the steering wheel reverts back to its 'park' position. On Thursday it took 4 attemps to start the car and then all was fine. I drove about one mile and parked up, did what I had to do and then went back to the car and it started first time. Since then it has happened a few times but usually fires up at the second attempt, I have not experienced the need for four attempts again.

Any thoughts anone?

Never come across that one.

You are doing the only sensible option in taking it back to get it checked out. Hope it happens at the garage. Always a tad disconcerting when it suddenly starts behaving itself!

If you get a result let us know.

Never come across that one.

You are doing the only sensible option in taking it back to get it checked out. Hope it happens at the garage. Always a tad disconcerting when it suddenly starts behaving itself!

If you get a result let us know.

Took the car in smornin and guess what, 850,000 presses of the start button by the mechanic and it started every time. Typical eh!

I will monitor the situation and if it happens again I will let them have the car for a while, I'm sure that it will happen again if they keep it long enough.

Update : Went out with er inddors last night to celebrate our anniversary and it happened again, just the once. I think that the garage would have to keep it for a fair bit in order for it to happen whilst they had it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links