Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heater Flashing Amber On Startup Possible Cause

i had a problem for a while where the front de mister would flash amber on startup or after being turned off for a long period of time. It always worked but was annoying and could have been expensive to fix

after agreeing to buy a new car from lexus i which i pick up on tuesday i decided to empty the car this afternoon

after getting things out of the glove box it became apparant that right at the back at the top a cd had wedged itself in a plastic flap that is there. After removing it the heater issue was fixed!!!

the reason for the post is i have seen a few people have had a problem with the heater doing this and although it can be a costly repair the first thing to check is there is nothing wedged at the back of the glovebox as it seems small objects can get jammed in there!!

Nice one. I too have read of this problem on various posts.

This is one of those possible causes that needs to be remembered!

I think it was also caused by a broken lever on the heater selector mechanism.

Yes I saw about the lever too and originally tried to find it to take a look but didn't know where to start and couldn't find a how to guide

A object being jammed may not fix everybody's issues but it is something to have a quick rummage around for before shelling out £'ssss on labour etc if there is something stuck

By my assumption it is quite poor that on designing the glove box etc with the upper shelf thing and the flap at the back that someone didn't think oh what if ppl put CDs in there could one get stuck and cause a problem

Which it definitely can!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links