Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Got Myself An Is200 Se

icedeyes

Hi everyone,

Just signed up in the forums and thought I'd just say hi.

Just got myself a IS200 SE (52 reg) with 83k on the clock... Looking forward to a trip over the weekend to take it through its paces. Felt very nice (although a bit loud) driving around town.

Previous cars include a BMW 320i, a Fiat Panda, a Fiat Punto and a Huyndai Accent. So far it feels a better car than any of them. I am surprised of how much more I like it over the BMW.

Cheers,

George

Hi and Welcome.

I also have owned 3 series BMW's in the past. The IS is a much better car in my opinion. :)

What do you mean it's loud? It's supposed to be a very quiet, refined car. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust or is your exhaust blowing?

Hi Chris, I don't have an aftermarket exhaust and the car has been checked for any mechanical problems (so it doesn't have a worn out exhaust or anything) but I think that the engine noise that gets in the cabin is quite a bit louder than the BMW equivalent (especially on higher revs).

I don't mind too much because I really like the sound of the engine and when I keep the car at low to mid revs (especially on the highway) it is quiet.

It is mainly first and second gears which you have to rev a bit) that make the engine roar more. Is that not so in yours?

I've never thought of mine as loud - it's quieter than any other car I've ever had. But I have often thought, because you can hear the engine as you push through the revs, that it makes more noise than it does go - in as far as it doesn't actually go as fast, or accelerate as quickly, as the sound it's making makes out! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links