Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Universal Armrest Fitted

petayV8

Just fitted a universal armrest that cost me 22 pounds on eBay. I have bought from the same bulgarian company before for my previous car and have been happy with the quality. There are quite a few different sizes and designs available. even saw one with same gold coloured plastic as IS interior. You can find the seller by typing universal armrest into eBay.

My first impressions after fitting the armrest is, it looks a bit big and out of proportion. Also think its slightly to tall for my arm to rest comfortably, but have raised the seat slightly. I will live with it for a few weeks and make another verdict. I have managed to fit it without making any changes of damages to my IS interior and the car can be returned to stock at anytime. I have however damaged the armrest underneath by remove the base and screwing my own holes into the wooden frame.

Heres how i did it, and heres how it looks. Give me your honest opinion.

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

Yeah after driving around its not the best, and it looks naf. going back to stock for now. worked well in my last car tho (had revolving type) but not the lex. Cant recommend it. but maybe one like this would work better if i had the balls for screw into my tunnel.

http://www.ebay.co.u...d=p5197.c0.m619

Will try and do some modifications/improvements before i go for OEM. see if i can get anything out of it, seems a waste not too. gonna cut the bottom out and make it smaller and fit around centre tunnel better....

• 2 months later...

I know its been ages but thought i would update this thread with my final doings, as it didnt go to plan at first. Ive cut the armrest down as it was a little to high as it was. Ive cut a indent in the wood frame inside and it slides over the lid. Ive secured it with cable ties that go under the lid and around the armrest inside. It sits slightly over the transmission tunnel and have stuck the leather onto the transmission tunnel that matches pattern and colour exactly, and looks flush. I think it looks alright now tbh, better than before and most importantly is super comfortable. If i did it all over again i think ide buy this one and just screw it to the tunnel after all

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Universal-Padded-Revolving-Armrest-Center-Console-/170668819453?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27bca783fd

2013-02-04_16-41-07_644_zps1931b685.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links