Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What To Buy Rx400H V Is200D/is220D

kalibur

Hello Fellow Lexus Owners

I currently own a 51 plat IS300 sport-cross and looking to get a replacement. I want a rx400 real bad but the prices seems to not want to come down low enough. IS diesels are tempting option but they don't come in hatch or estate form so if I go for one I will miss the practicality of my IS300, but higher MPG will be a welcome change.

The puzzle is between getting an IS that is less than 4 years old for half to 70% the asking price on a 7yrs RX400, missing out of practicality and performance of the RX400. The IS diesels will obviously win the MPG battle and that is why am thinking about getting one. I generally do B road city driving and the occasional motorway trip of about 150miles trips to and from.

Please help me decide

Kal

Depends what will tempt you more, practicality or money-wise with fuel. The price of fuel is expensive anyway so either way it will hit your wallet pretty hard, I'd go for the RX. Have you considered other brands, I know this is a Lexus forum but it's a big competitive market.

Depends what will tempt you more, practicality or money-wise with fuel. The price of fuel is expensive anyway so either way it will hit your wallet pretty hard, I'd go for the RX. Have you considered other brands, I know this is a Lexus forum but it's a big competitive market.

Thank you Wicked677

I don't look at other brands anymore because I don/t like their pick and mix approach where you get a luxury car without heated etc. Mazda is the other brand I like (reliability and performance) before I bought my IS300 sportcross I was really after a mazda 6 estate but once I saw the IS300 and the insurance quote I was sold because the mazdas at the time were quiet expensive. Am not for German cars because after 80k problems start at least for BMW and Audi.

I think I will just swallow hard patiently wait for a bargin RX400 2007 model preferred. The IS220d has lost its case but am finding it hard to rule out a cheap 200d. From my research I have found that real world economy on the IS Diesel's and indeed the RX400h are lower than the manufacture claimed figures so I agree with you here.

So to be analytical but not mathematical I figured the RX400h v IS2?0d money saving is a draw considering that deisel is more expensive than petrol, infact I think for a city drive the RX wins the fuel battle. For long trips the RX practicality vs cheaper diesel am yet to settle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links