Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can Lexus Supply A Vehicles History Based On Vin No.

Lexmanic

Hi Mate

Dealers are restricted on the information they can give due to Data protection. I have asked if they would not give me info in detail and they refused, but asking them if it has been reglarly serviced and has it had any major work done, they can give you a yes or no answer.

A tip for you is you can log in tot he vosa website and check all the past MOT's. Look on the back of your MOT cert for details. You'll see all the reports

I got the complete history of my car from Lexus including dates it was in for a service and what they changed etc and at what dealer.

Mine was first registered on the 20th January 2001 at Lexus Bristol and sold from there on the 25th January.

Mine has always been taken to Lexus Bristol and they know the car. The only time it's been at another dealer was when it was at Lexus Swindon for a cambelt change. The Names, addresses etc of previous owners is obviously not available :)

I see I'm afraid like many companies, banks etc Lexus are misinterpriting the 1998 DPA. There is no problem or breach of the DPA supplying the information PROVIDED they don't release the previous owners personal details.

& if they claim they can't provide info they are wrong. Next time tell them you will submit a SAR (subject access request) which they must respond too by law

Anyway thanks my question has been answered in that they DO maintain a central register recording a vehicles history

You own the car you also own the maintainance data

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links