Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bl**dy Potholes!

If you have deep pockets I would get a lawyer, if you write to the council complaining, they will brush you off because they know they can. If you are serious and seek advice from a lawyer they should take you seriously.

Councils now fully expect to have to compensate car owners via their insurers because of their deliberate neglect of the roads, cos its cheaper or so they say.

Having said that I don't believe them, I think its more about getting their insurer to do the donkey work. Also like most insured they have an excess which requires the council to pay the 1st amount and they spread the falsehood that its the insurer who's paying when in fact its the council tax payer who is

Also lets see how the courts consider such blatant disregard for the safety of road user when someone is either badly injured or even killed as a direct result of their roads policy It may even amount to manslaughter requiring criminal sanctions against those responsible for the carnage being inflicted on the innocent who pay billions in taxes each year some of which is supposed to go to maintain our roads

Most councils have robust inspection regimes which are accepted by the courts as being reasonable making claims more difficult. The key is was the pothole previously reported and is the lack of repair outside their priority time frame. If a pothole is greater than 40 mm depth and over 400 mm dia it would be classed as a priority 1 and should be repaired within 24 hr depending on the road classification.

If I wanted to claim I would take photos and dimensions, get the repair done but keep all the documents. Make the claim in two years time, you have three years to claim. Leaving it may make it difficult for the council to defend as there records might not stand the test of time and key staff may have moved on.

Most councils have robust inspection regimes which are accepted by the courts as being reasonable making claims more difficult. The key is was the pothole previously reported and is the lack of repair outside their priority time frame. If a pothole is greater than 40 mm depth and over 400 mm dia it would be classed as a priority 1 and should be repaired within 24 hr depending on the road classification.

If I wanted to claim I would take photos and dimensions, get the repair done but keep all the documents. Make the claim in two years time, you have three years to claim. Leaving it may make it difficult for the council to defend as there records might not stand the test of time and key staff may have moved on.

I disagree The regime in its past form no longer exists & even if it does why haven't they repaired the road in question. No the courts are now quite aware of the councils actions in delaying repairs because of cost.

Also I would proceed now as to wait for 2 years could only damage the integrity of your claim

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links