Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 (2003) Suspension Height Sensors... Experience Share

helpsnic

Fellow owners -

Fortunately I didn't have post this 'problem' as it has been documents many times previously.

My beloved LS430 had the 2 height sensors go bad yesterday (suspension got stuck at full height even though not switched away from 'normal').

I had the car recovered and taken to Lexus in Swindon (Wiltshire) - my first experience with them as previously worked in Birmingham and had them take care of things. So far so good.

I didn't want to risk driving it and shredding my 6 month old tyres hence the perhaps hasty recovery...

Repair cost £898 all in for both the sensors, bit ****** off as I know this part should have been recalled and fixed properly years ago - from the forums these things have never been fit for purpose.

My question is whether there is anything I can do to protect the damn things from not rusting up and dying on me again ?? Anyone tried using WD40 or something to extend the life ?

I think I'm right in saying that the part was altered a couple of years ago from the original design so I'm hoping the replacements might be a little more resilient ?

Any advice gratefully received !

• 4 weeks later...

1. used sensors are around 20-30 Pounds, replace + car alignment with no special tools - free if you can operate with simple wrench,

2. WD40 is worst what you can apply - absorb water ! Use silicon/grease/oil but NEVER WD-40 or substitutes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links