Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi From Cambs

al_bye

Quick note to say hi and get that dreaded first post over and done with. I'm looking at getting an IS200 around the 55Plate onwards. Seen a few with around 80K on the clock. Getting lots of tips extra to look for before making the plunge. Can't wait to contribute to the wall of piccys.

atvb

Alex

Hi Alex and welcome to LOC.

Do you mean your looking at getting an IS250? Or the 200 diesel? From 55 plate (2006) those are the second generation IS IS250, IS200d (diesel), IS220d (diesel)

If you want a first generation IS200 they were made between 1999-2005 :driving:

If you want a first generation IS200 they were made between 1999-2005 :driving:

Glad I joined the forum now didn't realise they're two gens

The few I've been looking at are in the 1st Gen bracket. The one which has caught my eye is the 2.0l petrol Sport Edition. I've got my local garage drawing up a rough quote for inspection work and cam belt & the tentioner. I'll use that to my advantage also been looking at the key thing. This one quesition has got the 3 buttons and there's a spare again didn't realise they're should be a 3rd.

There will be 3 gens soon! yeah mine came with 2 keys only also. well good luck with your purchase make sure you ask any questions on here if in doubt, theres alot of good advice and knowledge on the LOC, but in general these cars are flawless. I couldnt help but notice how many break down and problems other car makers forums have on them vs the LOC. I was on the rover/MG one the other day trying to find something out for a friend.... :unsure:

Don't tell me head gasket sticky all over the forum. I used to own one about 6yrs ago ish performance second to none then the dreaded head gasket reared it's ugly head and also took out the clutch double dip in the wallet. Been driving Germans since but fancy a change. Lexus seem to have they're niggles but which car doesn't nowadays??? So I've gone for reliable get me and the lad to work/school and get the tail sticking out when I feel like. Just wish they did a remap to get it above 20MPG. Haven't told SWMBO yet :msn-oh: about fuel will tell her after the purchase.

atb

Alex

You can get better than 20mpg but not much better. On long journeys (motorway) I can average around 30mpg.

I also had a mg/rover! Good old k series engine... Useless! Head gasket fail every 30k miles! What a joke!

I have a IS 200 sport, great car. Only real problems I've had are sticky brake callipers! For me I just wish there was just that little bit more there when I put my right foot down.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links