Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well leant my car to my mum over the weekend. Now just popped to the garage and the power steering pump has gone.

Basicly it will only work when you have revs if not goes soild and feels like its biting when your driving along.

I am waiting back on a price from one from Lexus, If not i will have to buy on off eBay and import it. Is this a common problem and a hard job to do

Check out the lexls site for instructions to replace or overhaual the pump

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/steering/pspumpremoval.html

I have done both of mine ,easy enough with basic tools just a bit fiddly so not a job for a cold day.

It sounds like you would be better off with another pump ,if yours is not working . New ones are fairly expensive though a used one in working order should be fine ,just replace the reservoir seal o ring ,costs about £3 from Toyota .

Best of luck

Check out the lexls site for instructions to replace or overhaual the pump

http://www.lexls.com...umpremoval.html

I have done both of mine ,easy enough with basic tools just a bit fiddly so not a job for a cold day.

It sounds like you would be better off with another pump ,if yours is not working . New ones are fairly expensive though a used one in working order should be fine ,just replace the reservoir seal o ring ,costs about £3 from Toyota .

Best of luck

Yeah have already been on there and had a look, I prefer a brand new part then should be hassle free tbh.

My best mate works in the trade so seeing what the trade price is from Lexus if it's around £200-£250 i will buy from Lexus as i live 1 mile from there and will be less hassle then importing and have never imported anything before.

So if anyone has imported anything could they let me know or even got a new pump from Lexus or anywhere in the uk would be helpful

Hi Adam,

Whilst the power steering pump can be troublesome on the LS400, your symptoms may possibly point to a blocked solenoid strainer/filter on the rack itself. I've never cleaned mine, and as far as I am aware the strainer is not available as a spare part. However, it does seem to be relatively easy to remove and refit. A blocked strainer is a known problem, and is highlighted on the LOC forums, especially on the USA forum, also the Toyota forum.

Continuing to run with a blocked strainer will impose very high pressures on the pump and hoses, and will probably cause further problems. If your strainer has blocked, then hopefully you will have caught it in time and saved the expense of a new PS pump. It is well worth having a Google for "LS400 blocked steering rack solenoid filter" or similar.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Regards, Alan

I have bought quite a lot of parts from these guys in the US ,they are fast and decent quality ,if you use the Fedex delivery option you shouldnt get stung with the rip off import duty etc at least I never have .

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1187489,parttype,7380

If you go for the AAE part there is no core charge.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links