Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electric Door Mirrors Not Adjusting

Hi, I've just bought a is200d and neither of the electric mirrors adjust, the mirrors go in and out but not glass adjustment. I took it back to the garage that I bought it from and they are stumped a bit. Bothe motors work and there is a fewire but a bit strange for both of them Any ideas??

Sorry half the words didn't come out last time (ist time posting)

Hi, I've just bought a is200d and neither of the electric mirrors adjust, the mirrors go in and out but not glass adjustment. I took it back to the garage that I bought it from and they are stumped a bit. Both the motors work and there is a feed through the switch. I sounds like a broken wire but a bit strange for both of them to break. Any ideas??

Hi, one thing worth checking is on the door panel where you adjust the mirror ensure the L/R switch is not in the middle, press it down on L or R and give that a try (not the easiest thing to word but hopefully u get my drift!!!)

Paul

Out of curiosity have u checked the fuses? There are 3 fuse compartments

1) under bonnet

2) driver side

3) passenger side

Check the user manual for the location of fuse in question.

Other thing that could be buggered is the actual folding mirror switch

bought my is250 on 7/02/13, drivers wing mirror has a mind of its own, does'nt dip for reverse, does'nt store memory, decides to move around a bit on its own !!!!.......Lexus wolves getting it back on friday along with the terrible tyres that tramline something chronic

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links