Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys.

I'm posting this as hopefully it will save somebody wasting 2 hours like I just did.

Basically I just changed my sidelights and a couple of seconds after I turn them on, they go out.

First thing I checked was the sidelight fuse. It was perfectly fine. So I tried all my lights on the front to make sure it was just the sidelights. Oh I'd checked it wasn't just the sidelight bulbs by this point.

My dip beam was fine, high beam fine but no front fog lights and no sidelights and the green light on the dash indicating the fogs were on also didn't light up. I was starting to get seriously fed up by this point.

Checked front fog fuse, ok, relay was perfectly fine.

I searched this forum and others and all the info I could get was its the relay but mine was fine so completely stumped.

Then just out of curiousity I checked the rear fog lights. I hadn't thought about the rear lights as i was sure it was a front end problem. The rear fogs worked fine but I noticed I had no tail lights. Pulled the tail light fuse and it was blown. Replaced it and hey presto I have all my lights working again, sidelights and front fogs.

What I can't understand is why are the tail lights, front fogs and sidelights affected by the tail light fuse? Front fogs and sidelights have their own fuses! Strange one but just glad I got it sorted :)

Side lights don't have a fuse afaik.

You have 2 for dipped beams, and 2 for high beams.

The reason the front fogs didn't work is because they are interlocked with the sidelights.

I was told the sidelight fuse was marked "gauge"

If that's not the sidelight fuse, what is it?

So the fogs not working being linked with the sidelights not Working makes sense but for the sidelights and front fogs not to work because the tail light fuse had blown just seems strange to me lol :whistling:

The gauge fuse is involved as the light on the dash won't work without it.

The sidelights are as you pointed out on the the tail light fuse. Ifyou think about it the side lights are two tiny lamps that's all, why give them their own fuse? They always come on with the tail light so why not link them together?

• 10 months later...

Hi Guys

I have just come across this problem with my front side lights have stopped working and my car has now failed its mot :( , I have replaced my front side lights with new bulbs however there still not working, my ain headlights and high beam are working. haven't checked my fogs as yet.

I see on this post you have had the same problem I am now wondering if I'm having the same problem as what you've had. was wondering where is the fuse for the fog light are located . hoping its a minor problem. ;-)

Same story for me about a month ago! Lol should of said something i guess.

Except mine did this just before work and had to drive home with rear fogs on :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links