Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Finally Made It...

shakes

Hi

I have been looking for a GS mk2 for a number of months with much frustration as I simply could not find the right one within my budget.

Whilst working away from home I found a gorgeous silver gs300 mk2 facelift on a x reg. It's silver with black leathers, sat nav, and the tiptronic gearbox. What a find! I bought it blind by sending my brother and cousin who know very little about these cars but I had a gut feeling.

When the car was delivered to me I found a major problem... The steering wheel became disconnected from the wheels. I hunted around for a second hand lower steering coupling and a whole steering column and found both parts for £50 in excellent condition and hey presto!!!

I am thoroughly enjoying the car, it is so smooth and powerful, effortless to drive but quite thirsty as I am averaging 18mpg. I knew what I was getting myself into so can't complain.

Will post some pics as soon as I can take some weather permitting.

Thanks

Shakes

Welcome.

You did well to get the steering sorted. Were you actually driving the beast when the steering gave up, or was it delivered as faulty?

You sound as if you didn't know about the problem until it arrived.

Hope that's the worst you'll find and it will give you lots of driving pleasure.

What mileage was it?

Looking forward to the pics.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links