Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Upgrades For Is200

is153

As above I know pads and discs for it is a good start and 6 pots are top of the range but are the any brake setups that are better than the is200 and will bolt straight to the car?

Ie say will 330mm discs and caiplers for a is350 fit on (DISC SIZE JUDT EXAMPLE)

THANKS

Thanks but ive tryed that before and all it does is make the discs more costly. Braking wise it pointless only its moslty for looks.

On my other cars ive used 30mm bigger discs and all it did was make the discs more costly.

And if you look at the costs in the long run on those discs its cheaper to up grade to 4 pot calipers. (Uprated supra discs are £500 4 pot caliper upgrade is £600 using std disc size. Which it gives much better braking then.

You've only just bought your IS200 but you've already tried the Supra brake conversion?

Well lets just say ive owned the car three weeks and its spent the whole time in a garage I only had it back yesterday. ( but did take a week the respray the wheels thay had 40 layers of different paint on them lol)

Oh, so you haven't used the Supra brake conversion before.

I've upgraded the brakes on nearly every car I've modified; from just fitting larger discs with standard callipers to larger discs with uprated callipers, and the difference has always been noticeable. Even with standard callipers on larger discs, the braking force has always been improved, as the total rotating circumference is greater, and even though the pads and callipers are the same, they are further out meaning on a rotation, they cover a larger area than on a standard, smaller disc. I can't do the math for you, but trust me, it's there ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links