Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's A Car-Omance

newtod

Hi everyone,

After owning a Toyota Avensis for 10 years I was starting to look for a new car. Although it had done 174K, it was a great runner - nothing major ever happened no matter what I put it through!.As it happened, my neighbour mentioned that he had a 2001 IS200 going. I took it for a spin and was very impressed. It had done 119K but the engine was so quiet I wondered if it had started. My neighbour was a tinkerer so I knew it had been looked after. His mate also owned a garage in Fareham.

I have owned it for a week now and am very pleased with it. I didn't realise how quick the little beast was but I was more impressed with the handling. Although I'm not a speed freak (a driver awareness course sorted that out!) I do like the way the car takes corners. It reminds me of my days as a MG Montego Turbo owner (no sniggering at the back)

As the car is in superb condition, I am determined to look after this one. I'm ashamed to admit I was never one to take pride in a car and, to me, it was just a way of getting from A to B. I have even bought some Autoglym and will have a little go during my lunch breaks ^_^

The only issues with the car are a dodgy front fog light (I'm not too bothered as it's not a toy I've ever been interested in using if I had it) and the stereo has gone (the usual story of no CD player) but my neighbour had installed a Grom which I'm using. I want to get a double DIN stereo but want one that is lit up orange to tie it in with the rest of the controls. I have seen a stereo that can be set to any colour but I'm in no hurry. The Grom copes with Rammstein perfectly!

Anyway, that's my rambling over. Have a good day

Welcome Never mind like everyone else here the Lexus sickness will affect you. 1st although quite rare you'll begin to see Lexus's everywhere AND you'll start threatening to eject people (even nearest & dearest) who don't treat your Lexus with the same devotion as you............ happy Lexus motoring :driving:

Haha, day after I put my deposit down, I saw 10 IS' in one morning - 6 of which were in the same street! To be fair, that was in East London, and IS' are rife there...

I see on average, 2 a day, not including the one that lives round the corner from me (or mine for that matter!)

The Grom device is great - I couldn't be without mine! I've been having a little issue with mine since upgrading to an Iphone 5 and using the 30 pin to Lightning adapter, sometimes it's works faultlessly, then other times it just repeatedly cuts out, with no known trigger or catalyst (at least not to me anyway) But even so, next to the armrest, it's the best thing I've bought for my IS :)

I've seen a few RX's - seems to be the flavour of the month with the execs round here. As I'm new to the Lexus family I'm not hot on models but there aren't too many 200s

The Grom is great. Mine won't charge the iPod (it probably does a trickle) but as it's supposed to have 30 hours play, I'll cope :)

Haha, day after I put my deposit down, I saw 10 IS' in one morning - 6 of which were in the same street! To be fair, that was in East London, and IS' are rife there...

I see on average, 2 a day, not including the one that lives round the corner from me (or mine for that matter!)

The Grom device is great - I couldn't be without mine! I've been having a little issue with mine since upgrading to an iPhone 5 and using the 30 pin to Lightning adapter, sometimes it's works faultlessly, then other times it just repeatedly cuts out, with no known trigger or catalyst (at least not to me anyway) But even so, next to the armrest, it's the best thing I've bought for my IS :)

Ive noticed how many IS's are in london too, why though? its like an abnormal amount lol

Welcome. When i was originally looking for a double din i found a orange lit one, ill try and find it....

The avensis is a really good car, almost as good as the IS ide say, the later models are also surprisingly well equipped

I saw this JVC. I've already seen it cheaper elsewhere.

The Avensis was a great car. Although it was pretty tatty, I always had it serviced and, mechanically, it was sound. If the IS200 lasts to 174k I will be a happy bunny.

Its in great shape, nice find. How you find the cream interior? i wanted one with cream but couldnt find a good example at the time....

Thx jp and petay. The condition is all down to the previous owner but I'm determined to keep it looking nice.

The cream interior is really nice. Not ideal with 2young kids though, whose idea of fun was running all over the seats! I wasn't very pleased :D I've used a lot of cleaners on the interior and its come up nicely. Glad to finally have a use for my mums bissell vacuum. It's going to need constant tending I think

I'm currently priming a double din fascia ready for the new stereo and although I said I wouldn't mod the car, I'm tempted with some lit door sills

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links