Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Transmission Problems On Is 200 Manual

How long u had the car? It's normal mate. Mines clunked for the last 15k miles since I've owned it. Changed gear box oil, no difference. Some did it from brand new Lexus Bristol told me. I've got used to it, quite like the clunk it makes now! Lol... :)

Oh and I can't see how it would have anything to do with ignition coils!!

I have owned it since October last year. imported it from Portsmouth.but it sucks because my take-offs are not as good as autos, yet we drive the same car or in some cases, a better car. I was also advised to change oils to synthetic since im currently using magnetic! so there's nothing i can do about it?

Trust me mate it annoyed me so much when I first got the car that I researched what I could do to improve it and basically you can't. Like i said, they were like that from new. I noticed absolutely no difference after changing the oil. But yeah you should have the right oil in there to begin with. Are you only noticing the notchyness and clunks now? Mine also clunks and is notchy between 2nd and 3rd.

How are you slower from the start than an auto, I'm not, if anything I'm faster. That's down to your driving style mate, riding the clutch?

Thanks Guru. let me try put this differently. When i press the pedal from gear one to two, whether its at high speed or low speed, it cuts or knocks and then takes off... if you get what i mean. as for the clunks, its been a while but they havent really affected the performance, its only these cuts driving me nuts. lol!

Haha I'm no guru mate but thanks.... :lol:

If its something other than the notchyness and clinking then yeah maybe you do have something wrong. I take it it hasn't always behaved like this. I don't really understand what you mean by 'cuts'

Is it not going into gear properly? Does the revs rise but the car not respond?

i have not paid dat much attention on the revs, i will and let u no. I bought it 2nd hand behaving like this. its actually the same as you if you skipped gears to 3 from idle. there is a knock only from one to two but 2 to 3 and up are fine. I will check the condition of the clutch plates.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links