Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2002 Sc430 Or 2003 Sc430?

Suplex

I'm in the market for an used SC430. Trading my '98 GS400 in. I need input on SC430 driver's compliants and praises. :unsure: If you anyone thinks I shouldn't buy it, please tell me the reason(s). I will not consider German or American cars since I've had many, many bad experiences..... :angry: :tsktsk: So, if you think I shouldn't get the SC then I'll keep my GS. Thanks for all of your inputs. B) B) B)

Have you test driven an SC? Many owners love them and other people don't rate the drive. Personally I would get a GS430. Handling has improved over a '98 model although I don't know how good the 4.0l engine is the 4.3 is great.

have to second that. the single best application of the 4.3 V8 "BY LEXUS" is the GS 430 Sport. it is the perfect car. Period.

The SC is nice but if you love your GS like I do then you will find the SC wanting. Sorry but glad to be able to steer you to the single best car in the line up. Happy motoring!

Loz :zee:

I moved from GS to SC just over a year ago - loved the GS, but have always wanted a hard-top convertible.

In my opinion the SC should not be compared to a regular sports car - you need to consider it as a fast luxury cruiser - so it's in a league of its own really. It's an amazing engine/gearbox combination on the open road.

For me, the SC's small boot space (with top stowed away) and rear seat space is not a problem - though for some people it might be. Just make sure you go for the revised suspension set-up on regular tyres - NOT run flats !

If you're into Lexus, and you like to drive top-down, there's no comparable alternative to the SC.

Especially in this weather!

Thanks for all of your inputs. I love the GS but kinda want a convertible. Hate the soft tops since they are so noisy. SC is the best hard top conv. for the money. Will miss the GS though..... :crybaby:

:) Hi Suplex

I bought a new SC on March 1st and I love it, I have always run Merc SL's since the eighties until now but the rear seat which everyone laughs at in the SC can be used for short runs to a restaurant or pub with the front seats forward which makes it the only folding quality tin top money can buy that can do this, ( the SL can not) I have driven the new SL which is not better than the SC and is much more common. If you want a convertable then the SC is the one to buy you should not compare a coupe like the SC with a saloon as some have tried to do they are two very different cars.

Buy your SC and you will love it just as I do.

Michael

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links