Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does Anyone Have An Exploded Diagram Of Rear Suspension

Redsteve

Hello guys.

My trusty LS passed it's MOT yesterday but there was a bit of play in the bush where the rear drag link is attached to the hub.

I was wondering if anyone had an exploded view of this area of the car so when I order the new bush I am confidant I am getting the right part.

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

Hello Guys,

thanks for your input so far.

I am a little confused as to what the part is called where the bush I need to replace is. I have had a look on the LexLs website and thought I had found the bush that I need but after having another look under the car I am not so sure.

I have taken a picture that shows what I am looking for.

I need to replace the bush that is on the left hand side of the picture near the wheel rim, not the one towards the bottom of the picture. I think the bush towards the bottom of the picture is the one shown on the LexLs website.

Picture9911_zps01d269af.jpg

I hope this helps.

Many thanks.

Steve.

Hi Steve

That is the no 2 lower suspension arm hubside bush ,there should be a concentric cam on the other end of that arm connecting to the subframe.

Although the component arms are different on the Mark 4 to the Mark 1 the method of removing the old bushes can be used.

The link bar will probably need renewing ,as it may need to be mole gripped on the bush side to get the nut off this is made of plastic if I remember correctly and it may snap.

Good luck.

Hi Steve

That is the no 2 lower suspension arm hubside bush ,there should be a concentric cam on the other end of that arm connecting to the subframe.

Although the component arms are different on the Mark 4 to the Mark 1 the method of removing the old bushes can be used.

The link bar will probably need renewing ,as it may need to be mole gripped on the bush side to get the nut off this is made of plastic if I remember correctly and it may snap.

Good luck.

Thanks for that bit of info. This is turning into more of a job than I thought it would be!

Royt has found me a supplier of the bush that I need but it is listed as fitting up to 1994 models, do you know if it will fit my 2000?

Where is this link bar that you mention, can it be seen in the picture I posted?

Many thanks for your help so far.

Steve.

Hi Steve

The link bar is the part you can see in the top of the pic it as the rounded end and fastens to the shoe bracket that is welded to the suspension arm.

The thread that links to my topic on this subject in the workshop archives also relates to another member who was doing the same job on a post 94 model and he was having issues with compatibility he did eventually resolve the problem.

I suggest you trawl through the workshop archives and check out the american LOC site lexls.com and your answer will be there somewhere.

Thanks AM,

I have found and read the archived tips and I think I have a good understanding of what needs to be done.

All I have to do is source the bushes and wait for an opportunity to get the job underway.

Many thanks for your time and help.

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had to replace the whole link arm on mine (drivers side) due to it snapping on the dual carriageway (!!!) at the join between bush carrier and arm.

Yours looks to be a little more rusty than mine...although whether mine went due to corrosion or a previous knock/fracture is up for debate. I think more likely is due to the wheel taking a clump at some point in its life.

Anyway it was £170ish from Lexus and they are not sided. Just thought i'd chip in with that info

EDIT: you will want to order new mounting hardware too (bolts etc) for a hassle free job. Get under there a day before and soak it all in plug gas or other penetrating spray to easy the pain, although I suspect you will still need to use some heat on it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links