Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone know any safe jacking point on the 97 GS, I don't really want to test the jacking point stregnth with the scissor jack and would prefer to use a trolley under a more stable point, thing is, I want to put it on Axle stands so actually, i'm needing to find a jacking point and also an axle stand point (front) that can be used at the same time? Make sense?

Cheers

Rob

Rick

As normal, thanks again.

Don't the matching pairs jack with a scissor?

I don't want to use the normal front and rear jacking points with a scissor jack so, is there a place that I can use to put axle stands after I have jacked the car up with a trolley jack on the front crossmember in order to be able to climb under it?

Any chance you could put pretty arrows on your pic of the underside to indicat where I can place axle stands?

Rob

if you havent got this sorted yet, these pics might be of some help to you putting the car on axle stands

have no idea if they are in the correct place but seems to be fine on the front of the car. been on for nearly a week now

IMG_0863_zps754119af.jpg

IMG_0862_zpsace82815.jpg

Rick

As normal, thanks again.

Don't the matching pairs jack with a scissor?

I don't want to use the normal front and rear jacking points with a scissor jack so, is there a place that I can use to put axle stands after I have jacked the car up with a trolley jack on the front crossmember in order to be able to climb under it?

Any chance you could put pretty arrows on your pic of the underside to indicat where I can place axle stands?

Rob

Not entirely sure what you are asking Rob. The picture shows where the axle stands go (although they call them safety stands).

No need Rick

I needed to know where I could put an axle stand whilst the jack is still in place, on the first pictures quoted (I assume from the manual) it just showed places that I can jack the car up, I was trying to work out how to lower the car onto the axle stands from the jack.

These pictures though, explain it perfectly, what's more, they worked fine too.

Again, TY :o)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links