Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

post-41711-0-79535700-1366479899_thumb.jpost-41711-0-79535700-1366479899_thumb.jI am considering selling my lexus if somebody could possibly tell me its value. It is a SEL model with 61000 miles on an 05 plate.Had 4 previous owners ( 2 garages had it as a demo then 2 private owners ) with full service history ( last done at 53500 miles. It has a towbar and is in good condition with only minor marks typical of cars of this age.It has a third party warranty til feb 2014.

attachicon.gifS1030166.JPGattachicon.gifS1030166.JPGattachicon.gifS1030165.JPGI am considering selling my lexus if somebody could possibly tell me its value. It is a SEL model with 61000 miles on an 05 plate.Had 4 previous owners ( 2 garages had it as a demo then 2 private owners ) with full service history ( last done at 53500 miles. It has a towbar and is in good condition with only minor marks typical of cars of this age.It has a third party warranty til feb 2014.

Private sale hard to say...

When I was searching for mine (which I now have) I would not consider any none Lexus RX400h over fives year old for anything above £10 000. My concerns were as follows

- Has the hybrid Battery been changed before? Yes is good the more recent the better and did a lexus dealer do the change for warrantee reasons.

- How long before next service, how recent was the last

- Is it all lexus service history

- Check under-body and bumpers for signs of off roader abuse.

- If am still interested by this stage can we get a lexus dealer to evaluate and if possible service the car, was willing to pay for evaluation. Service only if it was due one or showed signs of wear and tear (but yours mileage is good)

- Whose offering that third party warrantee and can one insist on having any work carried out by a lexus dealer without a fight or being forced to use some other Garage. Also is it transferable?

- Does the warrantee cover the Hybrid Battery?

- Accessories, Nav DVDs and manuals are they all present and what version

Look on Autotrader and see if there are any vehicles similar to yours, also look on the Lexus web-site used cars to get an idea of what a main dealer might be looking for, then adjust your price?

Nip in to a big superstore and look at Parkers in the magazine aisle? With regard to Hybrid batteries I believe it's virtually unheard of for these to fail and need replacing and I think anyone serious about buying a RX400h would know this and not make a big thing about it.

On a personal note I wouldn't buy any vehicle with a tow bar...if you've had it fitted yourself fair enough, you will have the reasons why and what sort of use it's had but if it was already fitted prior to your purchase then you may not know it's past and I would think most people would want to question it's purpose? When I bought mine from a Lexus main dealer I had them put in writing that it had never had a tow bar fitted!

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for yoir comments. Prices seem to vary between 10 to 15k so guessing mine around 11k. towbar fitted when i purchased the car and only done about 60 miles with my small trailer so no concerns. Company car here now - 2002 shogun , not quite a lexus !!!!!!!! lexus now at valeters so its gotta go :-(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links