Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Booked In Profess - Lpg Here I Come

Well that’s me booked in with Leon Profess for wed 8am. The way petrol has been shooting through the roof this past 18 or 20 months it’s the obvious way to go providing you feel secure about whose doing the job & Lean sure did that with Mark, me next.

Whats with the LPG prices, is not taxed or something?

Hi the tax is reduced for lpg it will be for at least the next 3 years, if it goes up it will only be by 1% or 1 p per year. The government cant really put it up as its a green fuel & they have quotas to meet.

Well that’s me booked in with Leon Profess for wed 8am. The way petrol has been shooting through the roof this past 18 or 20 months it’s the obvious way to go providing you feel secure about whose doing the job & Lean sure did that with Mark, me next.

Whats with the LPG prices, is not taxed or something?

Hallelujah !!!!! Mike

its a green fuel & they have quotas to meet.

Ahh so thats it, I only started wondering about it this day or so. One thing Ive noticed this past week or so, it seems mainly Shell & BP who sells it do any of the others have it such as sipermakets or whoever?

Asda, Morrisons, Flogas are other possibilities to look out for, all searchable on tinterweb.

Flogas results were a bit unreliable in my area, so a phone call to confirm is wise imo.

Oh, and Countrywide stores will give you 24 hour access if you sign up for an account, but they are not in all areas despite their name.

People were worried about price rises when I had my
first car converted 16 years ago but I have had the last laugh and it
will be the same for the next 16 years.

Its more than any government dare do is to put up the
taxation on alternative fuels as it would mean the end of that
government.

All governments have for years barked on about
alternative fuels and how important it is, the message has been loud
and clear, if we don’t change that will be the end of this planet.
Oh yes and who was it then driving around millions of years ago that
caused the last world calamity, The Ice Age. This amazing planet has
for billions of years heated and cooled down its the way it is and no
arrogant ignoramus in parliament will make a jot of difference.

End of rant. Mike

Something else came out of my contact which might have been the cause of all the problems Mike Sands was having with his 430.

I asked for the price for a 400 & 430, the 430 was more expensive but something Profess said might well have beeen the cause of Mike Sands problem, those who read his posts might remember his installer never really got to the bottom of it & as far as I can remember he was stil having probs when I last saw his posts, below is what Profess sent:

- The reasons as to why the LS430 is slightly more expensive is that it would require dual OMVL twin pot Reducers to cope with the BHP. -

Something else came out of my contact which might have been the cause of all the problems Mike Sands was having with his 430.

I asked for the price for a 400 & 430, the 430 was more expensive but something Profess said might well have beeen the cause of Mike Sands problem, those who read his posts might remember his installer never really got to the bottom of it & as far as I can remember he was stil having probs when I last saw his posts, below is what Profess sent:

- The reasons as to why the LS430 is slightly more expensive is that it would require dual OMVL twin pot Reducers to cope with the BHP. -

He did still have problems when he sold it to an LOC member and I believe that idea was mentioned by his guy. I cant remember who it was but he will be back with his results as soon as he had been to see the LPG engineer. Mike

it at a reduced rate if you lodge £500 with them

I dont understand what you mean?

That sounds like a good idea. You couldnt get that rate of interest out of any bank. Mike

You give them a float of £500 up fromt & you get the gas cheaper. Pay in advance & you buy at bulk price.

Wish they did it round my way, I would jump at it. Mike

Pay in advance & you buy at bulk price

Do you mean this is something we can do & then fill up at some filling stations? is it something like you have to commit to spending a minimum amout per month or year or whatever, I suppose I mean I only know about fill up at petrol stations, is what you mean something else?

Pay in advance & you buy at bulk price

Do you mean this is something we can do & then fill up at some filling stations? is it something like you have to commit to spending a minimum amout per month or year or whatever, I suppose I mean I only know about fill up at petrol stations, is what you mean something else?

I guess it would work like this.

You have the Acme Gas company just down the road from you, you lodge £500 with them and it allows you to buy at a much reduced price from the rest of the public. Bearing in mind you bearly get 1/2% in the bank on balances this is an attractive offer and a good way to go. I doubt you could use other facilities unless it was the same company and they were set up for it. Most of us use the same LPG fill up point each time and its only when you go out of your area on holiday etc that you would be forced to use other facilities.

You would still have to pay each time you have Gas but this way you would be getting an 8p per litre reduction.

I will mention it to my Calor Gas depot where I fill up. Mike

have a look round for your local gas bottle supplier, most of the have LPG tank and most of them are cheaper than the supermarket's, supermarket's are open better hours and morrison's you get your points to ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links