Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poor Mpg At Least Partly Answered

Since I bought our IS220d a couple of months ago I haven't been exactly impressed with either the pick up from stop or the mpg. Did all the egr cleaning put some 244 through and use AR6200. All helped a little but no real gains. Then a couple of weeks ago one of the rear brakes started to squeal a bit from time to time. I decided to put on new discs and pads as the old ones had certainly seen better times. Turns out one of the calipers was sticking. Mpg has leapt to the dizzy heights of about 36mpg for pretty mixed driving and the car is not as sluggish to get off. Will replace the fronts whenever I get around to pulling the wheels off for some paint. How come lexus wheels are so bad for corrosion?

yeah mate mine were badly corroded aswell so i stuck on some rota alloys. as for the squealing, i really didnt think changing discs and pads could make that much of a difference, guess i need to get mine checked out as mine are always squealing and averaging around 30mpg mixed driving which im not so happy about!

To be correct it wasn't changing the discs and pads that made the difference but freeing up and greasing the caliper slides. I'm at the start of a garage build (just got the plans 5 mins ago via email) and when that is up a proper caliper build will be undertaken, as will the wheels (paint etc is already sitting here ready to go)

• 5 months later...

If you wanna feel better I will do so: I've got mine is220d 2008 two weeks ago and in city can't go over 23mpg or 32mpg motorway doesn't matter what I do!! The other day I top up additives on oil and diesel and still there. My brakes doesn't squid or anything like that but feels a bit not right when I brake and looking at yhe front discs. .wow ..looks not the best so deffo needs replaced. I'll see after another week and discs and pads changes what mpg's will make

I think the 5th injector of the D-CAT system kills mpg! Mine can get mid 40's on a 70mph cruise - but our 2.0 TDI CR VW would be touching late 60mpg on the same run! I just accept it, the way I see it, its easier on juice on a 1.6 petrol Focus for 177bhp and a big heavy lump of car! Mine goes rightly, especially 3rd gear onwards!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links