Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation Unit Wanted/needed Please Is200 1999

BigBeau1231

ok so am pretty annoyed as seems like my navigation has decided to stop working this morning , was absolutely fine yesterday but now says please open door , please check cd rom , so i have located cd rom with help from some good people on here , ejected cd gave it a good clean popped it back in and still says same thing ! Really dont know what to do now ! Will i need to replace the unit/computer ? I have the cd rom version and not the dvd version and have looked around but found nothing , any ideas or advice please or even better anyone have a unit to sell or know where i can pick one up? Any help appreciated folks Thankyou :(

Ok so my navigation screen just says please open door, please check cd rom , worked fine yesterday but thid morning it says this, some good people on here told me to eject cd and give it a clean but have done this and no change , im gutted to be honest snd just want to get this sorted but i reslly dont know what to fo now , im guessing a new unit is only option ?? Any help or advice please ir better yet anyone selling a unit :(

Have you checked the plug connections on the CD unit in the boot?

Could it have been knocked by some previous owner cleaning the boot well prior to selling the car to you?

Haha normski , u should of seen the state of the car when i brought it , it was a mess , previous owner was obviously not much of a pround lexus owner! Ok so here's the situation,

I did as chris suggested and grabbed a cd lens cleaner from a mate of mine , popped it in the cd romran it a couple of times gave the maps cd another good clean popped it back in and my navigation is now WORKING again !!! Am proper chuffed ! A massive thanx to chris for the suggestion , u are a star and thanx to everyone else who's helped me with some great advice , u guys are awesome! ;)

Good stuff. Don't expect too much from the nav it will be quite a bit out of date. I had one in my is200 sport (2001) and it did make a few large gaffs!!.

Having said that, it was useful all the same. The route trace is very useful for finding your way back down a tricky route in a place you don't know. I purchased some parts for my 200 from a guy in London whom I met on the North Circular, then followed him to his place to pick up the gear. Had no idea how many turns I had made but the retracing of the route made it a doddle to get back to the North Circular!!

• Like 1

Yeah i know what your saying normski, it has its useful features but to be honest i wont use it an awful lot i mainly wanted to get it sorted for cosmetic reasons, when i brought the car it was a right mess but that didn't bother me as i could see potential, i picked it up for peanuts and so far have put a new bonnet on repaired and resprayed front n back bumpers picked up a new key whitch i need to reprogram at some point and just stereo left to sort out . Anything possible with a little tlc ;)

aww i was just reading this and thought the same thought as chris but he beat me to it lol really glad its all working, i have to say i said this before but the navi in this car is really well designed, apart from a bit fiddly to set up onces your away its very clear and precise and find it a very good unit even compared to the modern tomtom, garmins and co pilots. shame about the maps been over a decade old! im pretty sure updates were available up to 2007 for the CD based system but at about £100

The only additional thing i use is waze for on route traffic alerts on my phone and leave the rest to the car and the very classy woman lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links