Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Good afternoon Folks,

I am getting really annoyed because of the immense amount of dust the OEM front pads produce. I know a low-dust Lexus pad is available but I am not sure if we have it in the UK and if not is it worth getting it from the States?

Just wondering if anyone is running aftermarket pads that have low brake dust and performance similar to the OEM pads?

I had enquired at lexus a while ago about getting low brake dust pads.... But they only seem to know of one type and they couldn't even tell me if they were the low brake dust or not.

Swell sell them on their site:

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessories-catalog/service/IS350-2007/1886.html

Front Pads (High-Friction) $64
Front Pads (Low Dust) $66
only a $2 difference in price, problem with ordering from Swell is the shipping cost to the UK will kill you lol

Mintex are not the answer as I can attest. I've never seen pads that generate so much dust and I have had mintex on several other cars without the current amount of dust.

I put the low dust pads on my IS 250 Se-L and have a brand new spare set I brought back from Houston. However, I also changed for the bigger discs and calipers from the IS350, so the applicable part number is 04465-53030 that also fits the GS 350/430/450h. As you can imagine, fitting the bigger discs and calipers was also instrumental in reducing the amount of dust generated and got rid of the horrible 'grabbing' feel of the smaller 250 pads.

I put the low dust pads on my IS 250 Se-L and have a brand new spare set I brought back from Houston. However, I also changed for the bigger discs and calipers from the IS350, so the applicable part number is 04465-53030 that also fits the GS 350/430/450h. As you can imagine, fitting the bigger discs and calipers was also instrumental in reducing the amount of dust generated and got rid of the horrible 'grabbing' feel of the smaller 250 pads.

I think you mean you have a spare set of 04465–30400?

The only thing holding me back from upgrading to the IS350 front calipers is that there will be a huge size difference between the fronts and the rears which will probably look a bit silly.

Thanks for the TSB Exdee... will come in handy soon.

Hey no problem. I've just been quite busy. Need to ring the dealer and ask. Maybe today.

Sorry, yes I have a spare set of O4465-30400's. The size difference isn't that noticeable and doesn't look at all 'silly'. If anything it's the tiny discs they fitted to enable the fitment of 16" rims to the 250/220D that look odd.

post-5848-0-60372100-1371736602_thumb.jp

@ Tango: Do you know if the 17'' OEM wheel will clear the IS350 caliper?

@ agent_dess and others who might be interested: Gave the dealer the part number today and they confirmed they can get it. It is £61.88 + VAT. :D

@ Tango: Do you know if the 17'' OEM wheel will clear the IS350 caliper?

@ agent_dess and others who might be interested: Gave the dealer the part number today and they confirmed they can get it. It is £61.88 + VAT. :D

The 17" OEM rims will not fit over the IS350 caliper on the IS250 hub. I had 19" rims on mine. People will say they do because the standard fitment on the IS350's was 17". However, the 350 calipers project further out on the 250 hubs.

• 4 months later...

Finally got around to installing the low dust pads and boy what a difference they make.

Recommended to everybody whose tired of cleaning their front wheels.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links