Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Road Trip

Redsteve

Hi Guys.

A couple of weeks ago a buddy of mine and myself (along with the better half) went on a road trip from Norfolk along the south coast, up through Wales and back home again via the Peak District. We covered just over 1000 miles in six days with no problems whatsoever in the old LS400. My friend was driving his Honda S2000 and managed to travel the whole distance with the roof down as the weather was fantastic. We did the whole journey with the sunroof open which was great apart from the fact I got a suntan on only one half of my face.

I used about £200 of fuel which I was really surprised about, I expected to use much more. We kept to the speed limits and weren't going mad but we still had lots of fun.

It was a bit hairy going down some of the mountain roads as by the time we were getting to the bottom I was suffering from brake fade before I woke up and started to hold the car back on the gears.

I would highly recommend going on a road trip with friends, long hours enjoying your car followed by a nice meal and a few drinks to wind down in the evening.

We were really lucky as most of the roads in Wales were almost deserted, we could drive for an hour or more without getting caught behind another car.

I am going to try and convince the better half to do it again next year and persuade more friends to tag along too.

Steve

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MREz4Nv6fKA

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links