Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would You Let This Guy Near Your Computer.

Bluesman

As I have need to replace a key board on my Lap Top I thought best place to go for instructions was good old reliable Youtube and this was the first result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgRHh26wgJ8

You need a cup of tea and about 15mins, a strong stomach will help as well.

After that I was put off doing the job but tonight I thought that this guy couldn't be right so searched for another video and 30 secs later came up with this one.

Showing the difference between a grease monkey and a Lexus engineer.

Moral of the story never take what your first offered in life.

Brenda, you will love the engineering capabilities of the first guy.

Mike

• Like 2

As I have need to replace a key board on my Lap Top I thought best place to go for instructions was good old reliable Youtube and this was the first result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgRHh26wgJ8

You need a cup of tea and about 15mins, a strong stomach will help as well.

After that I was put off doing the job but tonight I thought that this guy couldn't be right so searched for another video and 30 secs later came up with this one.

Showing the difference between a grease monkey and a Lexus engineer.

Moral of the story never take what your first offered in life.

Brenda, you will love the engineering capabilities of the first guy.

Mike

The first guy - I Love him to bits - at the start of the video he looks like he's had a few beers :) I love the rice crispy noises when he takes things apart.

My solution - get the book and it is free from HP and easy to read http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02641795.pdf and I may add a damn sight quicker that matey boy on Youtube :)

The second guy (not ****** up) good but I would not use power tools on my laptop - Audi mechanic not a Lexus standard bod :)

Bren

• Like 1

I wasn't going to attempt it having seen the 1st one as he basically destroyed the Lap Top. but the 2nd one plus your link on HP for replacing the keyboard has given me the courage to give it a go.

If you don't hear from me again for some time you know what's happened.

Mike

• Like 1

I wasn't going to attempt it having seen the 1st one as he basically destroyed the Lap Top. but the 2nd one plus your link on HP for replacing the keyboard has given me the courage to give it a go.

If you don't hear from me again for some time you know what's happened.

Mike

Good luck Mike - it's the little ribbon cable connectors that may be tricky - you need to be gentle with the sliding clips - and give the gadget a shake before you put the Battery back in or turn it on after you have put it back together. If anything rattles you know what to do - or perhaps not. Open it up and remove the cause of the rattle :)

Bren

Well I am pleased and proud to report that the key board has been replaced by removing 5 screws and removing ribbon cable and replacing with like. Total time taken 4 mins.

As you can see it fgjjyoam jmkklgfleklg gfjkldbhu is working well Mike.

Well I am pleased and proud to report that the key board has been replaced by removing 5 screws and removing ribbon cable and replacing with like. Total time taken 4 mins.

As you can see it fgjjyoam jmkklgfleklg gfjkldbhu is working well Mike.

Very impressive - no hammers and chisels needed then? You should have made a video for Youtube - or just post the URL to the manual.

I am glad you are back on the buttons mate.

Bren

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links