Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello Everone,

I've just joined this club as a week ago I took delivery of a new RX450H. After about 80 miles on the clock I noticed a slight knocking noise coming from the suspension and today I took the car back to the Lexus dealer. They checked the car and found that it needed two new rear shock absorbers ! Needless to say, like the absorbers... I am completely shocked. Have there been any other failures of this kind on a new car?

I'm going back to collect my car tomorrow and will see if they have found the reason for the failures, I suppose it is possibly due to a faulty batch of units.

Many Thanks,

Paul

Sorry to hear that Paul absolutely shocking!

Pleased Lexus sorted its straight away would say you have had the misfortune of a bad batch and this most unusual for a Lexus.

Modern shocks usually up for Tens of thousands of mile I replaced mine at 150,000 miles on my last car as my local garage checked them during regular servces and found them to be fine.

It is best to replace in pairs and would expect this of the dealer but had both failed or was it routine to replace both.

Chris

I've not heard of this from others on this site. Seems odd.

I have heard of shipping protection not being fully removed before a vehicle being sold in the past - the suspension is packed to stop bouncing when the vehicle is at sea.

Does you vehicle has standard or air suspension?

Thanks for your replies; My car is a Premier so it has air suspension. I collected it from the dealer this morning and naturally they were most apologetic. I have asked for an engineer report as to the failures and I was given to understand that both shocks needed replacing. There was nobody there on the technical side to explain more, just the showroom staff. A new regional manager was due to visit the dealer this afternoon and I have asked that he call me. Either there is something untoward with my car that has caused the problem or the shocks come from a faulty batch... I'd prefer the latter, in which case alarm bells should be going off back in Japan as it's possible other owners will be suffering the same problem. Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links