Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Owner With Few Questions. Help Needed Please

Hi all i just put a deposit for lexus is220d

I really like the look and the engine fitted to that car i had to compromise on car equipment due to finances so i have few question regarding possible upgrades:

-car has sat nav will i have reverse camera or that’s optional extra?

-can i retrofit heated ventilated seats. Car has some cloth seats at the moment but in near future i want to change them for black leather.

-Tuning box which one is the best option -spider, DTUK, ventura or any other recommended?

Thank you in advance for all help ta si

Sat Nav....put it in reverse...does the rear view get displayed on the screen.

Don't think you can retrofit heated/ventilated seats into a cloth seated car..... I may be wrong...but it would be a big task if it was possible.

Never used a tuning box.

You have taken this car out for a test drive haven't you? Please be well aware of the issues that are a potential concern if you are looking at a 2006 model. Many posts here to be read through.

Start here

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/70826-lexus-is220-head-gaskett-gone/?hl=%20head%20%20gasket

What annual mileage are you doing?

hi know about head gasket problem thats why i took it with 12 moths free servicing and 12 moths warranty any other issues i might be facing by buying this car apart egr and dpf?

At the moment i have volvo c30 d5 great car but i need a second car.

Lexus has a great reviews any word of wisdom before i will take it?

As Normski says, there is plenty of threads on the forum which cover most the known problems.

To be honest though, buy, enjoy and hopefully if you look after it your car will be fine.

I have had mine nearly three years and only ever had to service it so they are not all as bad as they are made out to be.

Mine is a daily driver and covers about 400miles a week on A-roads.

Carl

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links