Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Towing With A Rx400H Vs Rx450H

Hi all,

I have had a RX400h for a couple of years and have used it to tow my 1500Kg caravan around very sucessfully. I am now thinking of changing my tow vehicle and ideally would like a Lexus but ( and here's the crunch) I get 18 MPG when towing. (Yes before you all jump on me I know it is a big petrol engine and what do I expect!)

However I was wondering if any RX450h owners could report their towing figures to see if they are any better.

Any info will be gratefully received especially if it is for towing vans around the same weight.

Thanks

Bri

Bugger - haven't towed with mine yet (going away on Saturday) but was hoping to get a little more than 18mpg (my van's also 1500kg).

...and I'll have 4 bikes on the roof :msn-oh: - I may be visiting a few petrol stations down through France :eerrrmm:

Hi Neil,

Hope you enjoy you're holiday. Unfortunately I can't offer any good news as the 18mpg quoted was from last week on a trip to Somerset and back up to North East Lincs. Would be interested to hear how you get on though.

Bri

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, at 65 on autoroutes, 18 mpg...however, I did get up to 26mpg on the occassions where I had to drop down to 50mph (there's a 10 mile section of roadworks on the M25). Sadly, I might die of boredom if I towed at that speed all the way down France :-)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links