Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Understanding Wheel Offset

Philip_98

Hi guys,

Ive been looking for a new set of wheels for a while and I've found a few i like but different places seem to have different ideas about what will fit the is200.

Currently im looking at 18x8.5" wheels with an offset of ET 42 on the rear and either ET 38-40 on the front. Will this fit onto the car and/or will the wheels poke out of the arches at all?

Cheers

Philip

May poke out a little bit I think they should be ok. I have 18x8.5 et45 all round in mine. The best bit of advice I got was to keep the ET to as close as ET50 as poss.

I actually know somebody running 18x8.5 et20 with no arch mods on a IS200 but they do stick out a stupid amount and the tyres rub if anybody sits in the back :lol:

Ive found them with ET35 and ET44 so your advise would be to go with the 44? im planning on getting coilovers as well and putting a little bit of stretch on the 224/45/18 so nothing major

Yeah I'd get ET44.

I also wouldn't mess with the tyre profile. If you fit 45's then the tyre will be thicker by about 5cm. Doesn't sound a lot but on 18" wheels that'll lead to the tyres rubbing the arches I reckon. I have 225/40/18 on mine on standard sport suspension and the tyre only just clears the arch. If you put coileys on with 45 profile tyres I bet you'd need to do some arch modifications, prob will do anyway with 40 profile if you're gonna slam it!

when i go onto http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#Results and do the comparison from 7.5" with ET50 to 8.5" with ET44 is says there will be 7mm less inner clearance and 19mm more outer position. i assume the 7mm less will cause no concerns?

sorry meant to say 225/40/18. im prepared to do a little bit of arch work but want to try and avoid alot, not to bothered about rolling the back arches a bit, how does the front sit on yours? im also on sport springs at the moment

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links