Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keep Lane Assist - Earliest Model (Uk)

Hello,

Which was the earliest (or oldest, if you like) UK Lexus which came with the Keep Lane Assist feature.

Just to clarify, I would like the car to turn the steering wheel automatically so that it keeps the car in the lane that I'm cruising in.

Thanks.

PS - anyone actually used this KLA feature?

If so, what do you think of it?

The LS460 is the first LS with lane-assist.

(quote from Wikipedia ["Lane departure warning system"]:"In 2006, Lexus introduced a multi-mode Lane Keeping Assist system on the LS 460, which utilizes stereo cameras and more sophisticated object- and pattern-recognition processors. This system can issue an audiovisual warning and also (using the Electric Power Steering or EPS) steer the vehicle to hold its lane. It also applies counter-steering torque to help ensure the driver does not over-correct or "saw" the steering wheel while attempting to return the vehicle to its proper lane.[8] If the radar cruise control system is engaged, the Lane Keep function works to help reduce the driver's steering-input burden by providing steering torque; however, the driver must remain active or the system will deactivate.")

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I must confess, I did read Wikipedia before posting. I think Nissan was the first car maker to introduce KLA in 2000, and I think it has been available in Japan since about 2001 on some of the Lexus' (if my memory is correct).

So i take it that in the UK, only cars after 2006 have a chance of having the KLA feature?

I assume it's not available on the GS models?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links