Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kn Filter In

Gurmin

Well just dropped my kn in my new toy and cleaned the throttle body and judging by the wild life livng in the forest in the filter and **** on the body i have seen a greater qwker throttle response through the gears and she now sounds like kurt cobain which is no bad thing lol

Does the K&N filter make that much difference? I've used them on previous cars of mine (mostly VW's) and have not noticed a change in induction tone, fuel consumption, or performance for that matter. Was always disappointing considering they cost so much here in SA. The Lexus IS200 filter, specifically is VERY expensive and I just wanted to make sure it will make some difference before I "invest" in one.

its hardly any difference but there is a change in throttle response.

according to me, these cars are so slow in performance, that any change or gain is a massive improvement for these snails!

In long run the filter works out to be cheaper that's the real gain :flowers:

Hmm dont think their snails oviously u anit drove a scenic for the last 2years now theres a snail they anit slow by any means if you want quick and nise buy a subaru or a evo if you can afford the service bill every 6000 miles i cant understand some of the owners on this club as alot diss the car as its "not that qwk or its to guttsy" so if u want suoer fast by a m3 or a subaru if you want economical by a scenic its my thoughts on the situation

Hmm dont think their snails oviously u anit drove a scenic for the last 2years now theres a snail they anit slow by any means if you want quick and nise buy a subaru or a evo if you can afford the service bill every 6000 miles i cant understand some of the owners on this club as alot diss the car as its "not that qwk or its to guttsy" so if u want suoer fast by a m3 or a subaru if you want economical by a scenic its my thoughts on the situation

Compared to others cars they aren't slow. But compared to most cars in their class, they are slow.

But I fully agree - if you want a quick/fast car, buy a quick/fast car in the first place.

• Like 1

performance air filters will not transform the IS200 to start keeping up with an M3, but it sure does wake things up a little bit in terms of throttle response and sharpness. Agree with Gurmin a lot of IS200 owners tend to diss their cars on this club saying its slow compared to the competition but its not. I always say, the performance of the IS200 is the best given it makes just over 150bhp and weighs nearly 1400KG. from 0 – 60 mph shoot out, yes both IS200/300 can be
classified as snails but where they shine is in gear acceleration which in my case, acceleration from 3rd, 4th and 5th gears. From a stop, most light weight turbo hothatches out accelerate it with no hope but we do the same in 3rd , 4th and 5th and it’s a totally different story. The BMW E46 320i manual is a 2.2 litre with 170bhp is the IS200’s main target competition and on paper, it looks like the BMW is the quicker car but its not true..the IS200 with 20bhp down can out accelerate it or ties with it in some gears except 1st and 2nd. Below is a link which shows these tests carried out by various car mag companies and are verified. It shows from 60 to 90 in 4th gear the IS200 is the quickest. From 60 to 90 its also the quickest in 5th. 80 to 120 its also the quickest in 4th. Also the
quickest from the same speed in 5th same as 90 to 120. Even accelerating from as low as 40kph in high gears the IS200 with its 153bhp is still quicker
than the BMW. And this is the same case for the IS300. 0-60, forget it but in gear acceleration it surprises a lot on how quick it is. So guys, your IS200 is quick for what it is.

http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel85-199.htm

well that's my problem you see, I have always had under 7 seconds cars !

its my 3rd 200 model. got to love the drive & comfort though.

the 300 model is somewhat total different thing altogether, that's power added to the mix -

one thing for sure I can say is they are superb on handling for a rwd layout which a bmw will struggle to keep up.

I have had 4 by 4's almost hanging with me on bends. its proberly the suspension setup I got.

I wouldn't say mine is the slowest 200 either, it shocks many drivers what it can do.

think the heat this summer got to me, I guess I got to calm down and stop behaving like lois Hamilton, its a lexus at the end of the day.

luxury & elegance - -

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links