Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Suspension Bushes

Mazzauk1

Hi all new to site,so I hope this posting is seen.I have a 2002 ls430 with air suspension,the suspension works fine but I need to buy some polyethylene bushes that fit at the bottom of the shocks to replace my old rubber ones.Does anyone have any links to some good sites for these.It does not matter if UK or USA cheers.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

As far as I know there are no aftermarket or even OEM replacements for the lower bushes on the shock absorber.

The exploded diagram on toyo.diy doesn't show this part as a seperate item so it looks like it is part of the whole unit.

Having said that they may be available but after a search I came across none, it might be an idea to contact companies like Adus to enquire if they are around.

Bear in mind poly bushes tend to provide a harder ride and can be quite noisy compared with OEM.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

As far as I know there are no aftermarket or even OEM replacements for the lower bushes on the shock absorber.

The exploded diagram on toyo.diy doesn't show this part as a seperate item so it looks like it is part of the whole unit.

Having said that they may be available but after a search I came across none, it might be an idea to contact companies like Adus to enquire if they are around.

Bear in mind poly bushes tend to provide a harder ride and can be quite noisy compared with OEM.

Hi Steve thanks for the welcome and advice. I have not done an in depth search,but I shall look at the sites you mentioned and keep searching,it is a shame as the air suspension is working fine,it seems a silly to look at replacing the whole thing just because the bush is a little worn.But do you know if the 430 can be converted to the standard suspension as this may be a cheaper alternative to the £1600 pound replacements Lexus have quoted.

There are posts relating to the conversion of air to conventional on the Lexus owners club USA and I believe someone as converted a ls400 from air to conventional on the UK forum.Looking at the structure of the suspension mountings I doubt there is a problem .The cost of new springs and struts all round from lexus will be more than £1600 just for the parts I reckon,but you will illiminate any further worries regarding the air suspension ,which is prone to other problems over time.

• Like 1

Hi Mario

Just done a research check on Toyota DIY and the LS430 was sold with conventional suspension so it is possible to change from air

Did a rough check on parts cost and it looks like £2000 .If you should take on this task it is important that all the suspension arm cam bolts are marked before before dismantling the old stuff as the cars teletrimy could be way out after fitting the new parts ,personally I would let Lexus do the job that way the set up will be done properly.What you have to decide, is it worth it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links