Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remove Steering Wheel Cover To Diagnose Rattle?

Hey guys

I switched from an IS220d to an IS250 nearly a year ago, mainly because I could no longer bear the rattles in the diesel!

However, my smooth, quiet 250 has now become blighted by an annoying rattle of it's own - and now I know it is coming from the steering wheel! When ever the rattle starts up (usually at just over 2,000rpm) I can always immediately stop it by placing a hand over the big Lexus logo on the steering wheel. Sometimes I drive for miles with one hand covering the wheel like this!

I'm not dreadful at car maintenance - in fact I am quite confindent for an amatuer! I changed the EGR valve myself on my 220d, so I'm not a complete no-hoper! So I fancy my chances at having a look at this rattle issue myself. I just don't really know how to get the cover off the steering wheel!

Because it has "Air bag" written on the cover I am just worried that if I try and just full the cover off (is is clipped on??) the air bag might deploy!! Is that nuts!?

Anyway - if anyone could basically just give me a quick guide on removing and re-fitting the steering wheel cover I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links