Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Having A Look At This

Personally, I would leave the SR alone: a Lexus without all the toys is a shame, and the SR typically misses out on the very good built in satnav, reversing camera and other toys.

I would say that the SE is the better buy - depending on condition. It is a little older but has lower mileage and all the toys. Note that some of the listed extras such as the sunroof, the privacy glass, the adaptive lights are not extras but standard equipment across the range. Also you will find that the large majority of SEs come with the satnav/reversing camera.

I would strongly suggest that you check the alloys for blistering / corrosion as these are one of the car's few weaknesses and if you decide to buy make sure that the dealer will get them refurbished for you if need be.

Also check if and when the Battery was changed (not the hybrid system which seems indestructible, but the conventional Battery which is prone to failure)

I am sure other forum participants that are more technically minded than I am will give you additional pointers, but the two issues I have mentionned are well documented on this forum so a quick search will be useful.

Oh.. and don't believe the claimed economy figures. Expect to get between 28mpg and 30mpg if you are to enjoy your car.

Noted, thanks for the information, much appreciated.

I know a great wheel refurb guy so, if necessary I'll go for money off with the intention of getting them refurbed myself and I've read about the Battery issues so am aware of that one :)

The SE is a lovely colour too but I'd prefer black leather however, beggars can't be choosers so, if the rest of the car floats my boat I'll live with it.

HAve you considered sourcing a car from Lexus? - If you can afford spending a bit more, I think it is worth considering on the basis that they make sure they keep the best car within their network and they provide an excellent 1 year warranty / recovery service package.

HAve you considered sourcing a car from Lexus? - If you can afford spending a bit more, I think it is worth considering on the basis that they make sure they keep the best car within their network and they provide an excellent 1 year warranty / recovery service package.

I have Daniel yes, thanks and I constantly check Lexus' own used car website. However I'm out of work at the moment and simply looking to get an RX400h as a straight swap for what I have to trade or better still have a bit of cash my way.

Hi stranger

Vrs eh , cracking car and with the sweetest autobox out there ! Sorry about your situation as it will be a shame to let that badboy go . If you want more cash back , go for the non-hydrid version , you get the looks , the toys , less complex , but poorer fuel consumption

Good luck

Jon

Well, I decided I couldn't live with the light grey leather so never even ventured to see it.

I have however, seen a few on the Lexus site which are tweaking my interest so watch this space ;)

Interesting. Black interior was top of my list and I would not have considered anything else when I was looking for my car. Then the dealer offered my a good deal on a RX with Oakham/beige leather. It was in perfect condition and felt light and airy so I went for it... and never looked back. It has been very easy to live with so far and nowhere near as fragile as I had anticipated. The only thing I did, was to buy black matts. I tried them first, borrowing some from another car in the show room, to see if black matts would shock. They did not, most probably because the top part oif the dash is black anyway.

Mmmmm

I would prefer the lighter interior , but , it's a git to keep clean and with jeans at the mo being sooooo dark which "leeks" into the seat leather and is almost impossible to get out ! So it's black everytime for me :-)

Jon .

Well, my job is going to see me venturing to farms, outlying houses etc and I'm going to be getting mucky and, no matter how hard I try some of that muck is going to transfer to the interior so it has to be black especially with me being an OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Detailer).

I'm off over to Lexus Bolton for a test drive tomorrow, not one that I'm looking at buying but simply a test drive after realising that I was getting all excited about buying one and hadn't even sat in one let alone driven one yet :lol:

3 things, it didn't have the torque that I've got used to; it was good but quite a way from my vRS, the mpg was a worry; it never moved from 29.2 on a very sedate 90 minute test drive plus, I'd more than likely have to contribute financially to end up with a higher mileage, older car. However, it has shown me how much I love the vRS so it looks like I'll be popping my winter wheels and tyres on again this year.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links