Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cambelt Question

jeffreyt

Hi Colin,

Thanks for that, that does help a lot, perhaps my thinking of asking for it to be done as part of the sale is asking a bit much if it wouldn't normally be due until next year.

Thanks for taking the time to help out with my concerns it is really appreciated. What is the normal service requiremnt at 90k? major or minor service?

It would be minor. It alternates between minor and major every 10k miles, starting with a minor at 10k.

As part of the initial vehicle warranty you are allowed up to 2,000 miles leeway so services don't tend to fall neatly on those nice round numbers after a few years as owners stretch it out slightly each time and there is always the potential for a vehicle not to have done many miles for a year or two which then means it gets services at 12 months regardless of mileage which completely changes when you think a service is needed.

Yes, I don't do 10K pa, but do get a service done annually.

Thanks all for your input, I have an LS400 which is in virtual showroom condition which has done just 55k and that has been bullet proof, it is now on its 3rd cambelt (changed at 6k and 40k) cambelt, services, 1 Battery, 4 tyres, and new set of pads and a few wiper blades is all the car has cost me in 10 years, am hoping to find the same reliability in a used SC430 hence my concern over buying one with almost 90k on the clock :eerrrmm:

Hi Colin,

Thanks for that, that does help a lot, perhaps my thinking of asking for it to be done as part of the sale is asking a bit much if it wouldn't normally be due until next year.

Thanks for taking the time to help out with my concerns it is really appreciated. What is the normal service requiremnt at 90k? major or minor service?

It would be very worthwhile to hassle the dealer to do cambelt now, nothing to lose and remember they really want to get the car of their forecourt!

Hi Colin,

It would be very worthwhile to hassle the dealer to do cambelt now, nothing to lose and remember they really want to get the car of their forecourt!

Well there's no harm in trying, will probably use it as my giving a decision tool, at the moment because of the distance, salesman issues and higher mileage I wouldn't be heartbroken if it goes in the meantime so I think it will be a case of if I go for it it would be on the proviso that bodywork matched their description when we do view and cambelt and water pump are changed to eliminate immediate expenditure and full peace of mind, they can only say no :unsure:

As mentioned I dont know how much they already have invested in the car or what the guide value is on a 2007 car with 90k miles, prices on SC430's seem to be all over the place so hard to draw comparisons. Toyota dealer has a 2006 silver one with 46k on the clock 2k more expensive which may be a consideration, but no lexus warranty although they have offered a 3 year 4* warranty via wms group for £850 but that warranty tells you what they only cover and the Lexus warranty mainly tells you what they dont cover so on the face of it I am assuming that Lexus say everything is covered except what we have told you about which to my mind makes it a better peace of mind option.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links