Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Injector Gone, Are They Covered Under Extended Warranty?

BigChaz1982

Hi everyone, I've recently been having intermittent power loss problems with my is 220d. So I took it into Lexus Nottingham on Monday and they had it for nearly a full day and surprise surprise they found nothing as it managed to fix itself. I then drove it down to my barracks near Salisbury and it ran sweet as a nut, but then every short journey I did during the week it started with all the problems again. So I managed to get it into Lexus Swindon while it was running like crap and as soon as I got into the dealers car park it bloody fixed its self again, it's like it know it's going home. So they had it a full day and found nothing as no fault codes come up again and nothing in its history. So drove back to Nottingham and finally managed to get it into the dealer yesterday while it was running like a tractor and they told me one of my injectors have gone and it's likely to be a £600 bill! But the problem is the it's 56 plate that was registered in September so it's just over seven years and I don't even know if the injectors are covered by the 7 year extended engine warranty in the first place?

Any help or advice is much appreciated as I've had a trawl through the forum and most of the stuff on here is 5th injector and head gasket related, or I might have missed what I'm looking for!

Mark, a few weeks back i enquired about the extended warranty at my local dealer in Newcastle and they told me its now 5 years and if anything should go wrong i need to ring them to find out if im covered.

I had just bought the car so i rang the dealership to find out what work had been done to it and i asked about the extended warranty.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links