Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorry guys - I seem to be having a bad couple of weeks with my GS :(

Following a recent issue with the drivers side HID going out intermittently I bought a pair of new bulbs from eBay - D4S's as per the existing bulbs, but 6000k colour instead of the stock 4300k (See eBay item 321123892893)

All seemed good but on the way home this evening on a fast A road both headlights went out :O

Initially I thought a fuse must have popped, but after pulling over on the hard shoulder for 10 mins both headlights started working again.

Is this likely to be caused by the bulbs being cheap/faulty or is there likely to be another issue?

A bit worried I could end up stranded somewhere with no headlights.

Many thanks :)

Hi

Many thanks for the reply.

Nope, it's definitely not the switch as the side lights stayed on.

I drove the work this morning with the headlights switched on (As opposed to being on auto) and they both went out again after approx 30 mins. Turning the headlights off/on corrected the issue but only for around another 15 mins ewhen they went off again.

I can only assume that something must is overheating and it must be related to the new bulbs as this issue only started after I replaced the originals. However, if it was the bulbs themselves getting too hot then I'be be surprised if they both went out at the exact same time so it looks like it must be some other component.

I've heard of some people having ballast issues, but I assumed each headlight had it's own ballast (Is this righyt?) so again would be unlikely that both would fail simultaneously.

Looks like I'll have to try fitting the originals again to see if that resolves the issue.

Any other thoughts or siggestions would be much appreciated.

:)

I just contacted the seller of the bulbs and they say they do not believe there's a problem with the bulbs but have suggested it could be a fault with the headlight control unit.

As much as I agree that it's unlikely that both new bulbs would fail at the same time or have the same issue it does seem odd that the issue has only occurred since fitting these new bulbs.

I'' refit the originals and see what the result it.

I would suggest put the one "good" old one on one headlight

and then the new one on the other side

being different colour (6000) vs (4300) will see a difference in brightness... but it is a good way to start ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links