Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not Much Depreciation

jeffreyt

just been looking through eBay at the Lexus RX400/450 cars as a daily runner to replace the aged but

very reliable Volvo V40.It seems you get a lot of car for the money and the owners I have spoken to rate them highly so might be time to splash some of the kid's inheritance methinks.

Anyway,I thought I would see how much money I have lost on the SC430 over the 2+ years I have had it

( purely academic as I plan to keep the car for a few years yet) and went into the SC430 section.

Surprise,surprise, the early ones don't seem to have droppedmuch, a good condition ,low mileage early one looks to be still worth somewhere around 7K which is very close to what I paid.

Hmnnnn, are our gas guzzling but beautiful cars becoming more popular ?

I would love to be able to say that to one G.Clarkson seeing as he branded the SC430 one of the worst cars of all time but probably best not to jump to that conclusion too quickly.

Still pleased I got an SC430 rather than a Boxster for my 'Sunday' car and nice to know its value is not going through th floor.

My mate put his boxter into porshe for a service. they done the service & gave him a quote of £8000 to put the other bits & bobs right on it. He declined their kind offer as the car was only worth £5000.

nice one Mark,I thought that was really funny but I don't suppose your friend did.

The potential cost of fixing an old Boxster was a major consideration in whether to get one or not.

As it has turned out I am now totally sold on the SC430 and the Lexus marque as a whole but I did have my reservations at first mainly

from reading what Clarkson said about them.How wrong can you be ?

This is very true - there are loads of people who are becoming fed up with all this "pint out of a quart pot" stuff - the newer cars are just becoming more unreliable as manufacturers try and make the Co2 look good when first registered. Take diesels. Old ones could be driven on chip fat. Do that now and it could become expensive!!

So people are loving old V8's etc.

They seem to get to a "bedrock" and then the prices don't budge.

And if you can afford the insurance and don't do too many miles, they represent fantastic value for money.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links