Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is250 Is Making Me Jump! Alarm On Start-Up

Just got a 2007 IS250SE, and noticed everytime I start it up after approx 5 seconds there is a loud piercing single alarm bleep. I am assuming its some sort of warning as its LOUD! Makes me jump out of skin. Have no warning lights on the instrument display, everything is set as to what I would think is normal, ie traction control etc.

As first I thought it was the yellow passenger airbag warning but I dont think it is. BTW How the heck do you trun off that absolutely useless and idiotic warning light always on?

Any ideas what this piecing alarm bleep could be? Many thanks. Think I love the car but that plus the dashboard creaks are always doing my head in!

There is no warning message that stays on when you start up unless there is a fault - what's the message or do you mean the air bag display message?

Where is the message showing (dashboard or instrument panel)

The only chime I have found is when you are driving with the seat belt off - is it anything like that sound?

Door or boot open will generate a chime

Lights left on when exiting the car will generate a chime

Parking too close to an item registering with your parking sensors - both front and rear - will set off a louder chime than above.

I meant the yellow airbag display message that says Airbag is on (or off for), both come on at start-up then the Airbag off one goes and leaves the on message.

I did exit the car with lights on and that gave a continuous sort of alarm. There single chime I am getting is just that and always just after start-up.

The thing is, its LOUD, not like the lights warning, or seatbelt warning. Makes me think it must be important as its so loud!

Found it!

Well the wife did.

It has a remote phone holder thingy which I was planning to have removed and she says its that, and I believe her as I have realised that piercing sound is coming form the speaker system.

Now, for the time I need to work out how to mute it.

To turn the airbag warning light off use the ign key in a barrel set in the passenger end of the dash (where it butts up to the door ). Be aware that with the airbag light off the airbag is DISARMED and will not work.

Found it!

Well the wife did.

It has a remote phone holder thingy which I was planning to have removed and she says its that, and I believe her as I have realised that piercing sound is coming form the speaker system.

Now, for the time I need to work out how to mute it.

If its the Nokia type with the circular face.....turn the face bezel to the left. I think that reduces the volume.

The phone holder appeared to be in two parts, a larger holder clipped on to what looks like a base unit, so unclipped the larger holder and voila, the start-up sound has stopped!

Have it booked in to Toyoda Tech this week for a few bits and pieces and going to see if they can disconnect and remove all the phone bits as I dont use it and I cant open the glove box as the unit is in front of the glove box button!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links