Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2012 Gs250 Tyre Pressure Monitor

Hi Guys,

I've just traded my 2008 IS250 SR for a 2012 GS250 Luxury. I've only driven it 20 miles, but very impressed so far.

The ad for the vehicle stated that it had the tyre pressure monitoring system, but the user guide dosn't really

give much information away. I have found the reset switch under the dash, and when pressed I doi get a warning

light on the dash which blinks three times as per the manual.

My question is basically does the GS250 Luxury just have a warning light on the dash, or should it also have the

display showing the tyre pressures. It's not a big deal, but just wanted to know which it should be.

Thanks and for any help.

Tom

Just the light I'm afraid. It's utterly useless, other than for a slow puncture, even then one of my summer tyres had a nail in it, and the pressure was 28psi and it never went on!!

I only found out mine worked when I swopped the wheels over (spare rims for winter, without the monitors).

The transmitter is stuck to the valve inside the rim, about a fag packet sized black box.

Needless to say my light is permanently on whilst winters are on

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that it was just a light. It's not an issue, just that when you see the description in the sales blurb,

and a picture of a graphic with all the tyres on it, you assume that this is what you have. This feature probably should have been made

clearer in the sales blurb. Still not complaining, great car.

I agree - I bet the F Sport and/or Premier has the fully fledged version. Us drivers of a merry Luxury can only hoop!

By the way - it would be great if you could post your findings on the car - welcome to the GS club!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links